Porridge!

• I had to share my absolute favourite breakfast as of late. It fills me up really well and I actually am excited to eat it when I go to bed sometimes

1/3 cups of quick oats (sometimes 1/2 cup if I'm getting up earlier and want to be full longer)
    2/3 cups of milk or milk alternative (I either use 1% milk or unsweetened almond milk)
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 teaspoon of hemp hearts or some other topping (I'm using the Qia buckwheat, hemp hearts and chia mix at the moment)
    A sprinkle of fresh or dried fruits (right now, raspberries!)

For those looking for a lower-calorie option, I would use either almond milk or water. I also do not always add honey but I really like the combo with the hemp hearts mix.
  • Looks good. I supercharge mine:

1/4 cup of "instant" steelcut oats
    3/4 cup of flaxseed milk (20 calories) - here's a hint, you can add a little more milk to your oats to make the portion bigger without exploding the calories from adding extra oats.
    1 teaspoon honey
    Vanilla essence
    1 teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
    1 teaspoon of tabasco sauce
    1 dried fig
    1 dried Turkish apricot

Magic in a bowl. And with a kick too!
  • Cayenne pepper, balsamic and tabasco?! :O
    I might just have to try that!!
  • I love porridge, I make mine with soya milk and sprinkle with raisins and linseed.
  • muguet, seriously though do try adding 1 cup milk to your 1/3 cup of oats instead of going for the 1/2 cup of oats. You will be pleasantly surprised.
  • Quote: muguet, seriously though do try adding 1 cup milk to your 1/3 cup of oats instead of going for the 1/2 cup of oats. You will be pleasantly surprised.
    I'll remember that next time I need a bigger breakfast, thank you Ian!

aryastark isn't it the best? I can't go back to toast, honestly. It just doesn't keep me full long enough!