10 Days In The Life Boat #101

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
  • I'm going to try a couple little things this leg to help me stay OP.

My goals for this leg:

1 - Ask myself "why" I'm thinking about eating something I shouldn't be.
    1A - Would I be proud to track it if I ate it?
    1B - Is it healthy or just junk I'm eating to make me "feel better"?
    1C - Would I eat it if I thought someone was watching?
    1D - Was I able to find something not edible to use as a replacement if needed?
  • Sounds like a plan, Judy!

Here's my plan for this leg:

1. Stay within my WW points, using no more than 4 of my weekly points on any given day--but the goal is to see how many days I can avoid using any weeklies at all.

2. Try not to sit for more than 20 minutes at a time.

3. Exercise at least 10 minutes per day.

I managed to do all that yesterday.

Rowing away...
  • 1. Lose at least 5lbs
    2. No soda
    3. 10k steps every day
  • Did pretty good yesterday. Only forgot to ask my mantra of questions once. So I'd say I stayed in the boat but got a tiny bit splashed.
  • DRY! If I remember to ask myself those questions I can make myself stop eating crap!
  • Splashed but just once and it was not a big wave.
  • Sounds like things are going a little more smoothly, Judy. WTG.

Hi Millie... you got in the boat while I was MIA apparently.

Doing okay here.. staying within my points. I want to add another goal for this leg: trying to get 15 minutes of exercise an hour after each meal. Timing is challenging, but I want to do this whenever it's possible.
  • When I weighed in at WW on Saturday I had lost 1.2. At least it was a loss but I was expecting at least 3 lbs down. I have not had soda in 5 days, and have kept up 10k steps a day, I even got to 20k yesterday that was a first.
  • Room for one more?
    I tried to do one short week POP with the incentive of a seperate thread and I did no better then when I am rowing beside all of you with one simple goal of getting my water in. So back to getting my water in everyday!
  • Got wet yesterday but back in the boat and rowing hard.

Hi Ubee, Angela, Milliej. Grab an oar and your life jacket and get rowing!
  • Thanks Judy. Ready to row.
    Wow do I need to recommit to my water. It was after 4pm before I even thought of taking one sip of water.
  • so I was on the POP thread, but that's closed...so I'm here...

no potatoes,
    no pasta
    no rice
    no alcohol m-f
    no juice
    no soda

I started Monday 8/11

so far so good, had a lunch meeting had the chicken parm,no pasta and seltzer.
  • Welcome to the boat, Ubee and Obie!

Millie, I know it's tough when the loss is slower than you'd like. Hang in there!

Judy, here's the velcro. Stay in your seat, young lady!

I'm doing okay, staying dry. For some reason, it's been easier to keep my eating in bounds the last week or so. Exercise is still not back to where it was before the phlebitis. Working on it.
  • How are we doing, everybody? I'm okay eating wise but still struggling to get back on the exercise wagon.