IP daily chat Monday 8/4/2014

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I have found when I'm back in the teaching mode that around 10 a.m. I start to get the fuzzy head and shakes. I am an extreme teacher of science with adolescents. I have to have something every three hours in the form of protein. Veggies doesn't cut it. So I split my supper protein and have my packets at 10 and 3-4 p.m. That's when my energy drains.
  • Quote: I've been hearing so much about this Beck Diet Solutions book, I'm going to have to check it
    I see my library system has 12 copies, and 5 in stock. I may check it out, literally, before I purchase one.
  • Quote: Looks like you could use like Mio
    Yep they are just like Mio but made with Stevia. They come in 4 flavors and I love them all. So this is a good alternative to Splenda and/or Truvia.

In addition, Nuun tablets are made with Stevia as well. I used those regularly prior to IP to rehydrate after a sweaty run (I ran with a group at lunch in 90+ Texas weather) But even a 1/4 of a tablet worked wonders on Week 1 of IP when I had a headache to replenish my salts/electrolytes. .

Just some tips that work for me
  • Well, it was a HOT, HOT, HOT long weekend in Penticton. Crazy dustbowl camping for the music festival, interspersed with laying in the lake and enjoying the beach. I'm too old for this, lol. I'm still not clean - my feet have ingrained dirt even after scrubbing in the shower.
    I have a souvenir beachtowel, several scrappy looking wristbands, and I'm sure a few pounds to drop. I had great difficulty getting my water in, didn't manage my vitamins, got 3 hours of sleep a night, and ate a few things off my maintenance plan. So... although I danced A LOT I'm sure it is time to pay the piper tomorrow.

Last music festival without a hotel, hahaha (said the old lady...).

Liana