Hello everyone!

• I am new to this forum, and the reason I joined is because I have decided to lose weight with the Ideal Protein Diet, and I will be so thankful if I could get support from you. I would also like to support you as well, and celebrate together our victories!

I don't know exactly how much I weight right now, ( I will find out for sure next week) but two days ago, I got on the scale and I saw 250lb..I don't know if today I weight more or less

One of my best friends started the IP diet about a couple of months ago, and she is very happy with the results. She had invited me to join, but I was skeptical, and overall, I wasn't ready to begin changing just yet. I knew I was overweight, and gaining more every day, but I knew I wasn't ready to commit. Well, now I know that I'm finally ready to begin this journey, and achieve my goals, I am nervous, but also excited!

Is there anything that I have to know or do before beginning this diet? Something you would like to share with me to help me start the IP diet with my right foot? I thank you in advance!
  • Hi Ariel - glad you joined us and congrats on getting started!

Best advice I can give you is to read here, especially the stickies in the first post of the daily chat. So many good ideas, motivation, etc., in there. Ask questions if you aren't sure of something - the people here are really knowledgeable and happy to share their experiences.

Although it's hard at first, stick strictly to the P1 sheet. The first few days can be rough so make sure you are getting all your packets, salt, veggies, oil and supplements in.

Planning ahead was really important to me - I had my packets separated into baggies marked with the day of the week so it was easy to grab. I prepped veggies and salad ahead of time so they were always ready to go and easy to pull out of the fridge when I needed them (no excuses that way that there was nothing ready to eat!). Cooking chicken breasts or other meat ahead of time is great too - lots of recipes for the crockpot that will make batches you can freeze.

Once you get the hang of p1 it really is a simple diet. Not always easy but your health is worth putting in the effort to stay OP. I was on P1 for a year and it was the best thing I could have done for myself and my family!
  • Ruth Ann- Where do I find the crock pot recipes for IP? For phase 1?
  • Quote: Ruth Ann- Where do I find the crock pot recipes for IP? For phase 1?
    There are lots of them (look in the first post of the daily chat for links to recipes) and I just bumped a thread for you that has really great ideas.
  • Quote: One of my best friends started the IP diet about a couple of months ago, and she is very happy with the results. She had invited me to join, but I was skeptical, and overall, I wasn't ready to begin changing just yet. I knew I was overweight, and gaining more every day, but I knew I wasn't ready to commit. Well, now I know that I'm finally ready to begin this journey, and achieve my goals, I am nervous, but also excited!

Is there anything that I have to know or do before beginning this diet? Something you would like to share with me to help me start the IP diet with my right foot? I thank you in advance!
    Ariel - my advice would be first not to worry or freak out about whatever your weight is or will turn out to be when you sign up. For many of us, it has been a high and shocking number but that it not the point.

What is important is that you have your find firmly focused on making this program work. Many find the actual IP program to be easy to follow and easy on the body once you get through the initial weeks as your body adjusts.

I think reading as much as you can about health, food choices, emotional issues is almost as important as the food changes. The better we can understand how and why we got where we are may help to ensure we do not relapse and return to the previous way of life.

Ruth Ann is absolutely correct is saying that planning is a critical element. Knowing what you are going to eat for the day and the week ensures that there are no rationalizations for eating off the program when confronted with meal time.

Here is my one personal suggestion and worked for me, but not one I am necessarily advocating to all: stay 100% on the program. Do not allow small mouthfuls, tastes, temptations, wandering mouth. It is the beginning of a slippery slope and it is easy to find oneself falling backwards and off.

I offer this advice because I have made numerous detours in my journey. This is a fantastic and workable program. It has changed my life, my body (I am working on the mind part!) and is well worth it if you are totally committed to making it work. Good luck
  • Hi Ariel!!

I've only been on the program about a month, so I'll leave the advice to the veterans. Best of luck as you get started!
  • Quote: Hi Ariel - glad you joined us and congrats on getting started!

Best advice I can give you is to read here, especially the stickies in the first post of the daily chat. So many good ideas, motivation, etc., in there. Ask questions if you aren't sure of something - the people here are really knowledgeable and happy to share their experiences.

Although it's hard at first, stick strictly to the P1 sheet. The first few days can be rough so make sure you are getting all your packets, salt, veggies, oil and supplements in.

Planning ahead was really important to me - I had my packets separated into baggies marked with the day of the week so it was easy to grab. I prepped veggies and salad ahead of time so they were always ready to go and easy to pull out of the fridge when I needed them (no excuses that way that there was nothing ready to eat!). Cooking chicken breasts or other meat ahead of time is great too - lots of recipes for the crockpot that will make batches you can freeze.

Thanks a bunch Ruth Ann for your warm welcome and great advice! I will definitely get my meals ready for the week because I'm always in a hurry!
  • Quote: Ariel - my advice would be first not to worry or freak out about whatever your weight is or will turn out to be when you sign up. For many of us, it has been a high and shocking number but that it not the point.

What is important is that you have your find firmly focused on making this program work. Many find the actual IP program to be easy to follow and easy on the body once you get through the initial weeks as your body adjusts.

I think reading as much as you can about health, food choices, emotional issues is almost as important as the food changes. The better we can understand how and why we got where we are may help to ensure we do not relapse and return to the previous way of life.

Ruth Ann is absolutely correct is saying that planning is a critical element. Knowing what you are going to eat for the day and the week ensures that there are no rationalizations for eating off the program when confronted with meal time.

Here is my one personal suggestion and worked for me, but not one I am necessarily advocating to all: stay 100% on the program. Do not allow small mouthfuls, tastes, temptations, wandering mouth. It is the beginning of a slippery slope and it is easy to find oneself falling backwards and off.

I offer this advice because I have made numerous detours in my journey. This is a fantastic and workable program. It has changed my life, my body (I am working on the mind part!) and is well worth it if you are totally committed to making it work. Good luck

Thank you schenectady for your helpful advice! I will try my best to not cheat because I would only be cheating myself. I'm glad to learn that this diet has changed lives for good! I will be coming here regularly to post, and I hope to make new friends.
  • Quote: Hi Ariel!!

I've only been on the program about a month, so I'll leave the advice to the veterans. Best of luck as you get started!

Hi and thanks JJTx ! To me you're a veteran already! How was your first month in the program? Good luck to you too!
  • Quote: Hi and thanks JJTx ! To me you're a veteran already! How was your first month in the program? Good luck to you too!
    I think it's gone pretty well so far - I really like the structure of the program. And trying the different foods - some I like, some not so much. But I'm a recipe gal so I like finding new ways to make yummy things with the packets.
  • Quote: I think it's gone pretty well so far - I really like the structure of the program. And trying the different foods - some I like, some not so much. But I'm a recipe gal so I like finding new ways to make yummy things with the packets.
    Awesome! and where did you get the recipes? Do you get them from this forum?
  • Some from here, some from googling by name of the product.
  • Thanks! I just read some threads about recipes that will be very useful.