IP Weekend Chat Sat 8/2 - Sun 8/3/2014

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Ok gals- thank you!!! My daughter is in town, we are at my house playing cards and she and a friend are drinking. She's my biggest cheerleader, so she's helping me but I'm struggling!!! But I refuse to cave in.....I'm thankful for y'all!!!!
  • What would you dip in Cauliflower Hummus?
    Lisa - inquiring minds want to know...

I found your recipe for hummus -- but you did not mention what foods you use it with -- I assume celery, zuke, or jicama sticks... anything else?

I saw a reference to using it as a spread on rolls or bread made from IP packet... if you don't want to mix regular protein in the same meal with a packet recipe, what would put on the rolls or bread along with the hummus?
  • Kelly - -I mentioned this before but if the glass of wine throws you out of ketosis and it takes 3 days to get back in ketosis, at $12 IP food a day, that glass of wine is costing you $36... It had better be a pretty spectacular vintage to be almost $40 bucks a glass
  • Quote: Kelly - -I mentioned this before but if the glass of wine throws you out of ketosis and it takes 3 days to get back in ketosis, at $12 IP food a day, that glass of wine is costing you $36... It had better be a pretty spectacular vintage to be almost $40 bucks a glass
    We'll that just puts it in perspective...
  • I didn't cave. I had a weak moment. I just needed to "hear" that from y'all!! Thank you!!! And no it most assuredly would not be worth it! Glad that moment has passed!
  • Quote: Lisa - inquiring minds want to know...

I found your recipe for hummus -- but you did not mention what foods you use it with -- I assume celery, zuke, or jicama sticks... anything else?

I saw a reference to using it as a spread on rolls or bread made from IP packet... if you don't want to mix regular protein in the same meal with a packet recipe, what would put on the rolls or bread along with the hummus?
    My cauli-hummus isn't a protein, it is veggie, so adding it to a packet-made "bread" isn't mixing with another protein. I just make a veggie sammie

Other than that, yes, I use celery, bell peppers, or cukes for dipping. I don't like zucchini or jicama for that.
  • Quote: Had Quest Cheddar and Sour Cream chips as a snack today. I like them better than the BBQ. Again, chips are light, airy. Flavor is decent. There is no soy in them! But they are made from dried potatoes...all the numbers work out to be an unrestricted snack, but I wonder about the potato issue? I'd eat these again.
    The IP potato puree contains dehydrated potato, as well.
  • Quote: I didn't cave. I had a weak moment. I just needed to "hear" that from y'all!! Thank you!!! And no it most assuredly would not be worth it! Glad that moment has passed!
    I knew you wouldn't cave. I didn't doubt you for a second.