Insanely Thirsty! Why?

• I probably drank a gallon of water last night because my mouth kept feeling dry. Is this a normal symptom or have I just eaten something too salty. I think part of my dinner was salty...but I've never felt that dehydrated before when eating it.

FYI...I had the smoked turkey chef salad at Schlotzskys. It was really good and aside from the bit of carrots on top, right in line with phase 1.

Erika
  • Erika,
    I didn't have that problem, and I don't recall seeing anything about it on this board. It could've just been the smoked turkey. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe if you're in the habit of eating a lot fruit, which has a lot of water, it could be your body adjusting to not having that. You never know when you eat out though, they add salt too much I think. Good luck on the diet, and keep us posted on your success!!!!!!!
  • Was the heat outside extra hot?
    We can get dehydrated quicky in the summer.
    Keep track of input and out put to make sure all is okay there.
    The more you drink the more you want.

Lady
  • Erika, I find I'm quite thirsty on this diet. But I'm hoping it's because I'm just more in tune to what my body needs. I LOVE water, but being on SB is encouraging me to drink even more. (too many trips to the washroom, though! )
  • Erika,
    Like Ellis I too am extremely thirsty. I don't mind because I find the more liquids I take in the less hungry I am, making a cheese stick the perfect snack. good luck.
  • I find that if I drink certain diet sodas it makes me very thirsty.