Nutritional Ketosis...Low Carb, High Fat Support Group

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hi Seize,
    are you doing ok?

I'm still doing great. I'm going to wait until my next doctors visit to weigh in. Why not. It keeps me guessing. Yep the clothes are looser now.
  • Doing pretty well, lost almost two lbs this week, and hoping to continue with this momentum as I lower my carbs I have a wedding in June that I would love to be a bit slimmer for

Hope your doctors appointment goes well! I check my weight every other day or so, I find that I fall off the wagon if I don't. I do measurements more periodically and I try and I try to go by those to track long-term physical changes.
  • Great on the 2 pound lose. My brother told me I look thinner today. This is completely new that I'm not checking the scale every day. I am being pretty good with the plan and I have a great little snack I just tried. Natural peanut butter whipped with a little butter and stevia. Just enough to please.

do you have any special keto recipes you love?
  • I am pretty boring food-wise and stick mainly with bunless burgers, taco salads (without the tortilla) and things like that. I do make whipped cream with a little stevia, and put a little in my coffee, on berries, and sometimes I add a little unsweetened cocoa powder. Another thing I found is sugar free pudding - some flavors, like vanilla, are pretty low carb, and can be used to make a good mousse, or custard.
  • Hey folks, I'm new on the board and been carb less since Sunday.
    I haven't lost a gram though! Puzzling as I've done Atkins before and lost quickly. I wonder if my cals are too high. I've not been tracking, only know I'm not eating any carbs other than what's in the dairy (cheese and cream) I've been in ketosis since Monday night, and go between mid to very dark on the sticks. (I'm addicted to poas...)

Has anyone else experienced slow loss initially? I have a long history of loss and gain. I've started with some amino acids to get a balance right after much research....
  • Hi and welcome,

I love this Keto diet, but yes I decided I better watch the calories a bit. Nuts, chees and PB are calorie dense foods.

I've stated to alternate my days with High fat and lower fat to see what happens. Just started yesterday....

Anyway glad to meet you!
  • I would suggest tracking cals and making sure you are getting enough fiber (I subtract my dietary fiber from my carbs and go with that number, to ensure that I get enough fiber). You may also try adding in (or amping up) your exercise just a little bit. Adding 3 minutes of planks (3 sets of 1 min, or 6 sets of 30 seconds) and a few sets of squats (normally 3 sets of 20) to each day takes very little time, but has really helped me get more tone and continue losing.
  • Thanks guys. I started tracking calories today....hmm lol think I found the problem. I love butter.... Just a breakfast I might have had up to 600 calories yesterday. Oops.

And yes I do need to start exercising. I've signed up for the challenge thread for May. I'm at the tail end of recovering from knee injury 8 was ago now. I have a home gym and some knee strengthening exercises to do. I also got a fit it yesterday and will be aiming for 10000 steps daily.

Cheerio for now.
  • Seize and Joda,
    How are you guys doing? Are you on plan mostly, or better yet always?
  • I'm on plan always . Sorted out my macros and am nailing it. Cut down on dairy, and jumping on the scales everyday. Today I weighed in and woosh! There goes 2.3kg! So happy. And I'm very proud of the fact that I got through my daughters birthday sleepover this weekend without licking a spoon or sneaking an m&m....
    How about you finally free?
  • WoW, that's wonderful Joda! Well I'm on board with sorting out my macros right now. I've been loose with that part of this plan. So how many protein grams are you doing?
  • Finally free I'm aiming for 70gm protein, 20gm or less carbs and 79gm fat. This gives me roughly 1100 cals. Having this info is amazing. It just makes it so easy.
  • Hey Joda and Seize,

How are you doing?

I'm trying to get back into ketosis again. Bone Broth is smelling good right now. I used some beef short ribs and various other beef bones. I may give some to my dogs in their food. They've had some indigestion, most likely from C$%%ppy dog food.
  • I got off track but I am working on getting back into ketosis as well. I have a new exercise plan and am working on keeping my carbs under 50 and net carbs under 30. Hopefully, this will be enough of a change to get my weight moving in the right direction!
  • Hey all! I just heard about Keto and am thinking it might be something worth trying. I have PCOS, and a few people I follow on Insta are using Keto to help lose weight and reduce symptoms.

I'm curious as to what websites/books you've been using to learn how to properly follow a Keto diet?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!