Newbie - 5'3'' 170 - goal 130

• Hi all,

Newbie here looking for some support and optimism and I know I will find that here!

My story briefly:

I have always been up and down with my weight (20 lbs give or take). I like food and I am not extremely athletic.

I gained 60 pounds with my first child and then three years later I had lost most of it, became pregnant with twins and after they were born I worked hard to get to 124....but it felt fun and easy. I did Pilates and watched calories. Looked good for me.

Then my kids had a hard time and I did research and discovered they were very likely metal toxic. This started a whole new chapter. I had my 9 amalgam fillings replaced and long story short the entire process, including the oral, low dose frequent chelation I did was very hard on my adrenals and thyroid, not to mention other organs!

It has been about three years and I am 85 percent recovered. Still chelating but my weight is up to 170! I have been taking it easy on my body, but it is time to start focusing on other aspects of my health (besides detox).

Four months ago I did the four hour work week dude's weight loss plan and got down to 153! And gained it all back!

So... I am on the wagon again - this time with support!

My mom and two sisters are long and lean and have never understood the challenge that someone with my build has! But I am confident I will find support here!

I have to admit, I have done so much yo-yo dieting that I am very scared to try anything extreme at this point. And when I work up my fingers swell up and I worry about my adrenals.

My goals are to be gentle with my body, walk on the treadmill or jog for an hour daily, not eat before bed, and cut out some snacking.

Looking forward to staying accountable here for those goals!

And great to "met" you all!
  • Helloooo being gentle sounds like an excellent plan! I have always lost weight in extremes.. but this time around I decided to do it the right way. I'm counting calories and working out a minimum of 3-4 week. No biggie, no burnout, no tantrums (lol).

You can do this if you set your mind to it
  • Welcome and congrats on making the decision to start your weight loss journey. You will find tons of information and support right here!
  • Thanks y'all! Excited to keep checking in with you and staying accountable.