IP daily chat Friday 7/4/2014

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Yay Kelly, way to go!
  • Hi. Newbie around here. So I'm writing now on a new day but yesterday was my day 12. Hubby wanted to stop and have lunch at one of our small town bars for his usual tenderloin basket and a side of breaded mushrooms. Sigh. I "used" to love eating here as well but yesterday as I was looking at the menu, all I see is breaded this and that and of course fried. I do finally in small print see grilled chicken under sandwiches *of course it cost more*. When our waitress came by and I didn't want to be a pain, I simply asked if it was possible to have the grilled chix, no buns and also if they could whip up a salad from using the pizza ingredients. I asked for lettuce, mushrooms and green pepper..waalah! Felt great..it comes and it's topped with shredded cheese I didn't say anything and just picked it all off. Overall yesterday was another great day and I was again happy to go out and make a meal to the IP standards.
  • Quote: Hi. Newbie around here. So I'm writing now on a new day but yesterday was my day 12. Hubby wanted to stop and have lunch at one of our small town bars for his usual tenderloin basket and a side of breaded mushrooms. Sigh. I "used" to love eating here as well but yesterday as I was looking at the menu, all I see is breaded this and that and of course fried. I do finally in small print see grilled chicken under sandwiches *of course it cost more*. When our waitress came by and I didn't want to be a pain, I simply asked if it was possible to have the grilled chix, no buns and also if they could whip up a salad from using the pizza ingredients. I asked for lettuce, mushrooms and green pepper..waalah! Felt great..it comes and it's topped with shredded cheese I didn't say anything and just picked it all off. Overall yesterday was another great day and I was again happy to go out and make a meal to the IP standards.
    Congrats to you for making it through a restaurant dinner - it's not always easy but you did great!
  • Thank you