Stand up!

• Research shows that sitting is bad for you. Find ways to incorporate more standing in your day for better health.

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/2/5862026/...tent=wednesday
  • I also have heard that sitting is not normal (natural) position for a human. We need to stand up or to lay down. Unfortunately almost all of the time we sit!!! Thank to our work, transport and leisure((
  • Quote: Research shows that sitting is bad for you. Find ways to incorporate more standing in your day for better health.

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/2/5862026/...tent=wednesday
    I'm happy either sitting or walking, but I hate standing! I think I may have orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure upon standing). Whenever I'm waiting for a bus, I automatically pace. It amazes me when I see people reading while standing. I can't concentrate when I'm standing up.

F.
  • I can stand but not for extended periods of time. I spent all day on my feet yesterday walking around town running errands, shopping, going to the DMV etc. I don't get tired if I'm walking. But when I have to stand in suddenly exhausted.
  • Ugh, this is the reason why I (try) to do squats and planks while at the office. I even have a reminder on my phone that goes off at 11 and 2 reminding me to do so. I've been slacking lately. I should at least use that as an opportunity to stand up and maybe walk down the stairs just for the **** of it!

Thanks for the reminder. I hate working at a desk.
  • Balance in everything is good. If you have to sit for extended periods of time, do what you can to get in some standing as possible. If you are at work, it might mean standing up at your desk and moving around a bit every hour or so, for others (who can), it might mean finding reasons to walk to another part of the office/building occasionally.
  • I view it like how I do exercise. Nice to do but when I sit or lay around I also end up eating less =D
    plus im lazy.
    I do it all, mostly I do sitting. Lounging. Laying.