Measuring yourself

• Just wondering how often you measure yourself (rather then weigh yourself) and is it best to do it in the morning after you wake up?
  • I actually do not measure myself. My measuring tape always mysteriously disappears and I can never find it. I just assume I am losing inches as my clothes get looser.
  • lol Betty! Funny you say that, I tend to measure whenever I can find mine :P (about once a month)

I'd measure in the morning. Your body swells during the day.
  • I measure once a month, of whenever I think I might have lost inches(like if I feel/look smaller). I have to measure otherwise I'd go insane with how slow the scale is moving now that I'm so close to goal Also, I exercise intensely and tend to retain a lot of water so measuring really helps keep me grounded. I measure in the morning because throughout the day I can have big fluctuations due to eating and drinking.
  • Measuring yourself is better than weigh in) someone told me this before) Sometimes you do not lose weight but you do become thinner (you see it when measure yourself)! That is true. I measure myself only with the help of clothes) When my pants is tight i see that i gained)
  • Quote: I actually do not measure myself. My measuring tape always mysteriously disappears and I can never find it. I just assume I am losing inches as my clothes get looser.
    I used to have the same problem until I started keeping it in my medicine cabinet - far away from where curious little hands can reach it

I measure myself once a week on Sunday. I never thought to measure when I weigh in the morning, haha. Right now, I measure at the end of the day, after I've finished my last workout and before I jump in the shower. I think I'll switch to measuring in the morning, though!

And I always measure myself wearing the same thing - nothing. The first few times I did it, I thought I gained 2.5 inches on my waist until I realized I was wearing jeans, when I had been wearing leggings the previous time.
  • I do it once a week, right after I weigh myself for the day which does tend to be first thing in the morning. It probably doesnt make much difference unless you just ate a huge meal or something, though.
  • I weigh myself almost daily, but I measure myself about once a month.