Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Schenectady just wrote to you on the daily chat. So happy that you are back.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Thank you. I am finally doing better back on IP - I sleep better, partially because of the physical changes and partially because I do not go to bed mad at myself and look forward to another good day, going in the proper direction.

My life has always been a little overtaken by my emotions, not something I will be able to change, so I just need to learn to work with that issue. I was so brave and disciplined for my son that when that crisis was over, it was like a dam breaking emotionally.

I am surprised that Haagen Dazs did not notice the huge upswing in sales!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Schenectady- I'm glad your son is doing better. I don't blame you for going off plan while you were dealing with that level of stress and emotion. I've struggled with emotional eating for a long time, but IP and getting off of sugar (except on fun days in maintenance) has reined me in mostly. I still have unexpected relapses, but I just get right back on OP like you did. I'm glad you're feeling better and sleeping better.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Schenectady- I'm glad your son is doing better. I don't blame you for going off plan while you were dealing with that level of stress and emotion. I've struggled with emotional eating for a long time, but IP and getting off of sugar (except on fun days in maintenance) has reined me in mostly. I still have unexpected relapses, but I just get right back on OP like you did. I'm glad you're feeling better and sleeping better.
Thanks, KookySuki. I am at the point where I want to say to myself that there are no excuses, no justifications, no rationalization - learn to deal with it! There will always be something that enters my calm daily life and could "cause" me to go off. I have a lot of work to do on my emotions!

I could use some ideas and suggestions, though, on something which plagues me. My husband is doing his own version of Dr. Atkins while I am on IP. He just couldn't manage the real strict nature of IP. Iam happy because he has lost 40 pounds.

One of his fallbacks for managing his eating is peanuts - good protein, low carbs. We keep a container of them which I keep filled for him to munch. Since I have gotten back on IP, I have had the devil of a time staying away from just a handful, just a bite, just a whatever of peanuts.

I do not feel that I can ask him to put them away for me as it is a factor in his managing his program. We re living in a small rental while out house is being built so there are not a lot of places other than the kitchen where I can put them.

Clearly, I have an issue here and I have not managed it well.....ideas anyone?
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #170  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

One of his fallbacks for managing his eating is peanuts - good protein, low carbs. We keep a container of them which I keep filled for him to munch. Since I have gotten back on IP, I have had the devil of a time staying away from just a handful, just a bite, just a whatever of peanuts.

I do not feel that I can ask him to put them away for me as it is a factor in his managing his program. We re living in a small rental while out house is being built so there are not a lot of places other than the kitchen where I can put them.

Clearly, I have an issue here and I have not managed it well.....ideas anyone?
I think one of the suggestions in "The Beck Diet Solution" was to ask him to put them in an opaque container instead of clear glass....or to stick them in a convenient place in the cupboard or hide them somewhere only he knows the location.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kooky: Glad you are back. Sounds you are handling maintenance fairly well considering all that is going on in your life right now. Keep it up!!

Slip: Hoping you get everything done you need to. Isn't it crazy how we plan things some times? LOL

Schenectady: So glad your son is going to be ok, very scary stuff. Good for you for getting right back OP. You had a slip, put it behind you and move on. As far as the peanuts...how about putting a sticker/label on then saying "Keep out", "You do not need these". Something like that.

Going to get my hair cut and colored today. Meeting friends next week and I want to look fantastic! LOL They haven't seen me since I started losing weight so it will be a shocker for them. They know how much weight I have lost but not seen me. So looking forward to the visit and their reactions!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #172  

Hi all,

Rain is forecasted for this weekend. No tag sale in the rain. House looks like an episode of hoarders! Decided to postpone the luncheon because there is no way that I can entertain here with all this stuff. I was super stressed about disappointing my retiring friend but I could think of no other solution. So I bit the bullet and contacted everyone. Very hard for me to put myself (my sanity) first but I did it. Will feel better after I talk to the friend directly but it is done. Now I just have to live with chaos for the next two weeks! Can not have the tag sale next weekend due to previous plans.

Want2b, glad that you are getting pretty to see your friends! They are going to be so happy for you.

Peppergirl, great tip about the peanuts.

Schenectady, I mentally think of everything off program as poison for my body.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #173  

Height: 5 '6

Hi everyone, I hate to say I'm still struggling but I am! I go a day or so totally on program and then after planning and sticking to everything 100% I cave mostly in the evenings.... its pretty discouraging but I've made myself a promise to diligently take my vitamins this week hoping that will help... I'm not gaining (anymore) but certainly not maintaining the 'proper' way!

I can't really phase off when I haven't been eating properly.... If I could just put in two solid weeks and then maybe decide to phase off properly and maintain for awhile before I take off the last of it... still don't know what to do but I start every day with a positive attitude and as usual I do really well for most of the day... my plan is to white knuckle it tonight... if I can just get three good days under my belt I should be okay and the cravings should be gone...

Thanks for listening

Last edited by Hiker88; 07-30-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #174  

Hiker,

Sorry that you are struggling Always here to listen. Can you make the house OP friendly? Meaning nothing off program.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Late night snackies were my bugbear, Hiker... and the best thing you can do is to change up your routine a little. Perhaps it may be DH snacks while watching TV in the evening, or whatever... Try to do something different from your normal routine just to throw off any cues that your body expects a snack that is off plan at that time. Try to white knuckle it for a few days and your body will no longer respond to those old cues. Hugs! If totally desperate, save a favorite IP snack for those times.

Liana
Old 07-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Evenings can be the worst for me sometimes. And I wake up thinking, grrrr!! what was I thinking? I'm wasn't even hungry! But, I find that drinking a lot of water, herb tea, or even having a Zevia helps. Or just go to bed early and read! A person works at being healthy all day, not worth messing your plan at night. And its best to try and control before maintenance as then that phase won't be as challenging. You've got this!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #177  

I am going to label the peanuts as poison, explain to my husband, and then ask him to put them someplace convenient for him but out of my direct sight. I have had NONE today although I was tempted..

Lesson that I have learned is not to START with even "one" peanut...if I do not get started, then there is nothing to stop?

Thanks for the great suggestions!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

schenectady --Welcome back. I hear you it is hard. My super skinny husband has some "bad" food in the house and he hides really well from me and puts in places I can not reach unless I can a ladder since I am short. So far it has worked pretty good for me. I have cheated a little when I am desperate or have a craving but it has only happen maybe 2xs. He is very supportive and if he has a treat he either eats it when he is at work or in the kitchen when I am not with him or when he is out on his own.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Hiker--I teeter as well. I have WI tom. and I think I gained weight on P2 my first week it was my own fault because I have been cheating almost every day. Not major but then again any cheat is major.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post

Hiker--I teeter as well. I have WI tom. and I think I gained weight on P2 my first week it was my own fault because I have been cheating almost every day. Not major but then again any cheat is major.
Hang in there LUCCILOVE - P2 reboot! Just pick yourself up and keep on travellin'
Hugs
Liana
Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

thanks...u are right. no excuses.
Closed Thread