One good choice I made today is:

You're on Page 9 of 26
Go to
  • One week on medifast. No cheats.
  • I'm trying to imagine garlic brownies. They have a certain odd appeal.

Today's good decision: Yoga AND meditation. I'm so chill you could freeze ice on my @ss.
  • Stayed on track despite two very difficult days.
  • It was $5 Dilla day at the office welcome party for new staff - and I had salad in a box (just like pick-a-dilla -- where you put toppings on a quesadilla, but my box had lettuce and choice of toppings) - with chicken, tomato, pineapple, mushrooms, and salsa (cheese on the side, but I didn't use it). And I walked my goal distance of 3 miles today on the treadmill... Those quesadillas smelled yummy, but my salad tasted OK.
  • One good thing I did today: I went to they gym. I woke up with a menstral migraine. Took my non narcotic meds. They didn't work. Exercise makes migraines hurt more. (It's something to do with blood pressure.) But walking doesn't really hurt. So I walked for one hour on the tread mill. My heart rate stayed in the 120's. But I didn't break the habit. That's what I am trying to do. Get a habit of exercise.
  • Great job FitFatForty, I'm sure it was hard to resist the Dillas!

I bow down to you Seana, exercising with a migraine! I suffer from them too, and you are my hero -- way to commit to the exercise-- BOOM!!!
  • I'm new here. Just started South Beach and completed day 3. I feel amazing and more proud of myself than I have in ages. I know its early days but most of my intentions of losing weight don't make it past the first day let alone 3. We went to my parents for Patriots game tonight and she made her famous mac n cheese, there where chips and Hershey kisses laid out. I brought my own snack and dinner (leftover turkey chili) and didn't cheat even one little bit even though those Kisses kept calling my name every time I walked past them. That's my good choice for the day.
  • Decided to gamble on myself. Publishing my book. Going self publish with a publisher. Here's to nothing !
  • Sounds like a fantastic choice Abbi. Go for it. What is the book about if you don't mind me asking
  • Weightloss
  • Awesome Abbi, that's so exciting! You must provide a link, after all, we are the target audience!!!

Welcome krussell94 ! Great job resisting those kisses, and the Pats won, so you must have brought them luck (I assume you were rooting for them, lol, otherwise, sorry about those Ravens! )

Today's good decision: stretching and strawberries, though not at the same time.
  • I bow down to you Seana, exercising with a migraine! I suffer from them too, and you are my hero -- way to commit to the exercise-- BOOM!!![/QUOTE]

I didn't push myself. I just walked on the treadmill for an hour and I wasn't even walking fast.

I just knew that if I showed up at the gym...I would be better than nothing. Then spent the day on the couch.
  • Seana, that's a kick@$$ attitude. Showing up is indeed a huge chunk of the battle. I'm also in awe!

Bought myself a Fitbit Zip yesterday morning. I suspect I'm going to like the little bugger. I really wanted a Shine for being able to take it to the pool, but it won't play nice with my venerable iPad2.
  • Good choices today: Went to Zumba today. And then did not binge afterwards (very tempting.) I have short term goal of losing 10 more pounds before St. Patrick's Day.
  • Oh and @ICU, I loved my fitbit. I just kept washing it, though. Now my phone monitors my steps. I love that and it's easier to notice in the laundry.