If I can go do it...so can you!

• Hello everyone, I wanted to offer some support to anyone facing big numbers weight loss.

I'll keep it brief, I weighed 305lbs about 10 years ago. I decided enough was enough as I was starting to experience health complications like high blood pressure and breathlessness. So I vowed to lose the weight. It took about 1 and a half years to halve that 305lbs. End weight was 150lbs and I maintained that for about 6 years. I was super fit in the end and went from an unfit person to running and lots of sporting activities. So then I fell pregnant at the end of 2012 and had my first child in July of last year. My weight went from 150lbs up to 224lbs (post labour). So I decided in October of last year that I would lose the excess weight and am currently sitting at 177lbs. Still a little ways to go but I just wanted to offer you support and let you know that, even if some of us are pre disposed to weight gain, it is manageable. I must admit that losing this time around has been harder, probably because my body is still in a state of confusion as I am only 11 months post child birth but still...determination has seen me lose 44lbs so far. My goal is to get back down to 155lbs so not far to go really. Exercise is the key I think and a good diet, we are all told this but I can totally vouch for it! I had pregnancy induced hyper tension and my BP ran at 160/110 for a little while post delivery. The doctor even said that some women never lose their high blood pressure after pregnancy but mine is now back at a far healthier 110/68. Exercise, conditioning is where it is at

So keep plugging away, your weight may plateau for a while at times but don't get disillusioned and you'll reach your goals. Nothing is impossible if you really want it Much love xxx
  • Congratulations on your bundle of joy and your new way of life
    Thanks for the encouragement. I love reading success stories!