New fat chick on the boards

• Hey Everyone

i've recently moved to LA from London UK and gained a lot of weight... on a figure that already wasn't properly skinny. So now i'm dealing with a lot of extra pounds that i really want to shed! I put my mind to it and i feel pumped and determined.
    I've started training with a PT and i want to keep my exercise rate up. I've also started the south beach diet which has worked well for me in the past.

It's gonna be a long, hard journey but i really want to make it to 130lbs! i'm 28 and i want to enjoy pool parties and daring clothes till i can!

hope to find support here
  • Just hang in there, with patience and determination, you'll be back to your skinny self in no time, I am rooting for you
  • Thank you! that's very sweet of you
  • Welcome! Moving to London sounds very exciting in and of itself!

You're not really that far from goal, I'm sure you can do it!
  • Same boat
    I lost 40 pounds about 5 years ago and looked ok I guess. I kept it off for about 3 years and then I lost my job of 25 years due to down sizing. I just completed nursing school last week. Between losing my job and sitting in class I have gained about 50 pounds and have just decided it is time to regain my life. I am so glad I have found this site. It is nice to know I am not alone. WE CAN DO THIS
  • Hi jbf--
    Welcome, I'm new here too and a nurse. Wishing you the best of luck with everything. You have a lot to look forward to and running around working as a nurse should help you drop weight fast.