Has anybody tried L-CARNITINE to lose weight?

• Hello! Did not know where to put this thread) Hope this is right place) So how about l-carnitine? Has somebody any experience with this stuff? Have heard it can be a great helper for weight loss! need help to decide: use it or not
  • I'm not sure if you'll see this but I moved it to the right place.

L-carnitine has been linked to heart health issues including heart disease and even short term risk of heart attack and I've seen no evidence that it can help with weight loss. It would be on my 'avoid at all costs' list.
  • Oh really Nelie? terrible...it looks like not very healthy thing to use! thank you for your opinion.
  • It's my understanding that the body makes all of the l-carnitine that it needs. A few people have a rare genetic disorder that prevents them from making all they need, and they are the only one that should supplement - with medical supervision.

Also, if you have a sluggish thyroid, it can make it worse. That's not good news for a lot of people with weight issues.
  • l-Carnatine when used in large amounts for the wrong reasons can cause problems for the heart. Interestingly, taken properly under the direction of a good naturopath,it can help to build heart muscle. But I would not take it in large doses for extended period of time. Because yes, it has been linked to coronary problems when used as anything other than a medicine.
  • I’m also curious to find out in detail about this drug, but to be honest, I’m suspicious of it.