IP Weekend Chat - Sat 6/7-Sun 6/8/2014

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: :cheer3

GUESS WHO'S IN ONEDERLAND?????? YEP ME WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
    Yay!!!!! Good job!!!! Very inspiring!!!!

Quote: Have been fiddling with what my next mini goal should be now that I hit onederland.
    I promised you John Mayer and I would sing to you Amber... I can sing to pishposh too! GET THE EARPLUGS GIRLS.....There's no microphone so I gotta use this guy

"Your body is at ONEderland...."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5En...wXV_Pg&index=1
  • Quote: I promised you John Mayer and I would sing to you Amber... I can sing to pishposh too! GET THE EARPLUGS GIRLS.....There's no microphone so I gotta use this guy

LOL thanks for that!
  • Quote: I promised you John Mayer and I would sing to you Amber... I can sing to pishposh too! GET THE EARPLUGS GIRLS.....There's no microphone so I gotta use this guy

this is so funny! ONEderland deserves a dance party!

ROTFLMAO thanks
  • Quick question. Leg and toe cramps. Due to lack of salt? Dehydration? Stress? Or is it because I've started walking for 45 mins a day and my muscles are just like "say what??!!" I thought I was being pretty good with the salt but maybe I need to up it. Had the worst cramps the other night. Woke me at 4am and because I have an overactive imagination, I decided that I would be stuck with these cramps forever and my toes would be clawed and I'd be unable to walk properly! Geez. Had to tell myself to get a grip!!!
  • Quote: Quick question. Leg and toe cramps. Due to lack of salt? Dehydration? Stress? Or is it because I've started walking for 45 mins a day and my muscles are just like "say what??!!" I thought I was being pretty good with the salt but maybe I need to up it. Had the worst cramps the other night. Woke me at 4am and because I have an overactive imagination, I decided that I would be stuck with these cramps forever and my toes would be clawed and I'd be unable to walk properly! Geez. Had to tell myself to get a grip!!!
    It's usually lack of potassium or dehydration but magnesium deficiency can also cause it
  • Quote: It's usually lack of potassium but magnesium deficiency can also cause it
    Thanks Lisa. Probably haven't been as studious with taking the supplements in the past week or so as I was in the past. Don't want another 4am wake up, that's for sure!
  • Quote: ... my toes would be clawed and I'd be unable to walk properly! Geez. Had to tell myself to get a grip!!!
    Your toes were TRYING to get a grip! I second Lisa's advice -- water and magnesium are usually the culprits. I get it about 4:00 a.m too -- wonder if there is something about that time of day?..... soooo painful and I am trying to massage my calf while trying not to wake DH up because lord knows where that always leads... take the magnesium!

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congrats!!!
  • WI today was 1.4 lost. This officially puts me at 30 lbs and half way to goal. That's pretty exciting. One more week til vacation. I haven't been in the 170's in over 15 years.
  • Quote: Quick question. Leg and toe cramps. Due to lack of salt? Dehydration? Stress? Or is it because I've started walking for 45 mins a day and my muscles are just like "say what??!!" I thought I was being pretty good with the salt but maybe I need to up it. Had the worst cramps the other night. Woke me at 4am and because I have an overactive imagination, I decided that I would be stuck with these cramps forever and my toes would be clawed and I'd be unable to walk properly! Geez. Had to tell myself to get a grip!!!
    I had horrible muscle/tendon leg cramps BEFORE I started IP. Always in the middle of the night. Asked my GP about it she said to talk to my Ortho. Talked to my Ortho, he said talk to my GP. Once I started on the supplements I realized that the cramps had stopped so I have to agree with Lisa, it's a combo of the increase in potassium and the mag/cal. Have only had 1 instance since I started.
  • I had someone so excited today to tell me they lost 14 pounds since January (not on IP). I was happy for them as they have health issues, but it put the IP plan into perspective. I have lost 14 pounds since the beginning of May! Sometimes we beat ourselves up about the "only" number of the week (as in "only 2 pounds... only half a pound...) , but IP is still waaaayyy faster way to get the weight off than many other methods. Here's to the "only" one that really works for me Cheers!
  • Quote: I had horrible muscle/tendon leg cramps BEFORE I started IP. Always in the middle of the night. Asked my GP about it she said to talk to my Ortho. Talked to my Ortho, he said talk to my GP. Once I started on the supplements I realized that the cramps had stopped so I have to agree with Lisa, it's a combo of the increase in potassium and the mag/cal. Have only had 1 instance since I started.
    Unfortunately most mainstream physicians only know how to fix things with meds or procedures -because it is all they've learned. Only the ones who have pursued the info in other ways know much about nutrition or supplements. That's why my docs are integrative or functional medicine docs or naturopaths. They know how important proper nutrition is for maximum health
  • Sadly for me Lisa, there is a real doctor shortage where we live. My pre-requisites for my doctor are "has a pulse and can see me sometime this year"...sigh... I finally got a doctor and was thrilled about it and they called me to let me know she is on maternity leave