Smooth Move

• Things have not been regular for a while now and I'm going to try the smooth move tea that a lot of you talk about. My question is this: does it count towards any of your daily food? I am going looking for it tonight, so I can't look at the label yet and am trying to plan ahead. Thanks!
  • I just counted it towards my daily water like I would any decaf tea.
  • Black coffee does wonders also...good luck!
  • Thanks Ruth Ann! I wasn't sure if it was more than tea and had any calories/carbs in it.

evemomma I drink black coffee every morning and it doesn't help.
  • Quote: Thanks Ruth Ann! I wasn't sure if it was more than tea and had any calories/carbs in it.

evemomma I drink black coffee every morning and it doesn't help.
    That stinks....hope the tea works. I also use Philips Caplets in a pinch.
  • I actually had to lower my cal-mag since calcium is very 'binding' and add a bit more magnesium via Milk of Magnesia 1 tbsp. once in a while. I found when I added more food (P2 Alternative Plan) I didn't have a problem anymore. Just FYI - "Fleet" can be pretty harsh - more like a magnesium OD, I wouldn't suggest trying that, it feels too close to Eating Disorder territory (laxative abuse) - just my feeling though.

Liana
  • I use Get It Going tea and eat more red leaf lettuce. I don't count either of them (not as water or a veg).
  • I too had to lower my Cal-Mag supplement intake. Every week and half to 2 weeks I take Milk of Magnesia (60 ml dose, i think it is) so I can "clean out". lol! I have IBS and the vegetables wreak havoc on my system. Vegetables usually help most people with being regular, but it has the opposite effect on me. My coaches and Pharmacist told me to take Laxoday or similar stool softener/laxative daily, but I didn't find they helped that much!
  • I really like Smooth Move but I would caution you not to let it steep for too long- I have a tendency to just forget about tea while it steeps away and that can cause some discomfort. Of course every body is different so you may need it stronger/weaker, but if you find that the relief is a little more than you bargained for, just know that you can adjust the dosage (for lack of a better word) by making the tea stronger or weaker to fit your needs.
  • Colon Max by Advanced Naturals is a natural laxative that helps me when I'm constipated. Natural Calm is good too. Smooth Move Tea didn't work for me.