Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 33

You're on Page 15 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: I am having issues this time around because while maintaining I increased my exercise, when I am off I hike upwards of 9 KMs with my dogs, I work out at the gym and do other workout classes. I suspended the classes, and gym for now as that type of intense workouts burn much to many calories, but I am going to continue with the hiking as my beagle is also on a weight loss plan. Guess what I am trying to say is I find it difficult to find a balance between following protocol and not over doing it so that i put my body into full starvation mode. That always has been my one gripe with IP is so low in carbs and calories that it can make exercise more damaging then helpful. I will be mumbling my way thru it.

Sorry that is my venting for the day.
    The alternative plan for diabetics could be an option for you to,"have it all". It is still very structured. You've had so much success, I know you'll figure it out!

Quote: Wow, one of the things that I have loved about doing IP is that I don't have to have guilt about what I'm eating. I can be proud about my food and not have to stash fast food restaurant wrappers away before picking up my kids from school. The reason I aim to be 100% is because I don't want to live with that awful old guilt anymore. Freedom!
    This is my view, as well. And to top it off, we are getting healthier! Healthy and no guilt! What could be better?
  • Quote: This! I used to eat by myself a lot because I was embarrassed about what I was eating. Now I'm enjoying my food a lot more and don't feel regret about it afterward. I almost want to show it off..."look at me and my nutritious cauli rice. don't you wish you had some"
    I love it! I feel exactly the same way!
  • Quote: I used to eat by myself a lot because I was embarrassed about what I was eating. Now I'm enjoying my food a lot more and don't feel regret about it afterward. I almost want to show it off..."look at me and my nutritious cauli rice. don't you wish you had some"
    I love this. It's very true. I did as well. The only person I was lying to was myself.
  • Quote: I love this. It's very true. I did as well. The only person I was lying to was myself.
    Good to see you Ems!
  • Hi Ems, RuthAnn, Lisa, everyone! How are you all doing,? How is maintenance going RuthAnn? How are you Lisa.? Everyone looks like they are doing great!
  • My thyroid doc didn't recognize me, LOL. He walked in and it took him a minute, I think he was thinking he had the wrong room or the wrong chart. He was very happy for me. He, of course, asked me how I had done it. I told him that I did IP, but with my own food. I also reminded him that I had brought info in to him about it, but that he didn't really get a chance to look at it (read: blew it off). Interestingly, on the way out, I noticed IP pamphlets on the reception counter. Kind of makes me mad that he blew me off about IP -- might have saved me another year of being overweight, because it took me longer to commit to it w/o his support. Well, anyway, things have a way of working out. Maybe I wouldn't have been ready then.

He says my dosage is a touch high, just a touch. He wants to see me back in 6 months before we change it, though. We agreed that I should get the hang of maintenance first.

NSV: Before a doctor's visit, I would usually abstain from breakfast or even drinking anything beforehand because of being weighed. (As if the weight of the food and drink would be the last straw. ) Not this morning! I had my breakfast, coffee, and water/vitamins without even worrying about what his scale would say. That is the first time ever that I have felt that way. I stepped on that scale calmly and with confidence. That is just amazing.

*And since I had eaten, I had time to do a little thrift store shopping after. Found a few things, too!

Monica -- How's your day going today? You are an IP vet -- you got this. It may take you a bit to figure it out, but you know you've got it in you. Go for it!
  • Thanks Ruth Ann and EandC! Glad to be back!

SylviesGirl, I hear ya on the frustrations of a doctor! All I can do is think about how great it is that he is now in support of IP. Take it as a compliment to yourself that you did it without him and now you will have some support from him.
  • This is a question for Lisa and anyone else with allergies or severe food restrictions who is doing IP.

Lisa, did you just have to avoid soy, or is nuts also on your avoid list. I don't know if you remember me...I did IP last year, but was feeling pretty awful the entire time. Found out I had some serious medical issues that I didn't know about, and we're still figuring it all out. One result is that I've developed severe allergies to almost everything, including soy, nuts, eggs, dairy, and most tree fruits. I regained some of the weight I lost and tried to do a reboot a few months ago but discovered that my allergies are so severe that I can't even have trace amounts of soy or nuts which throws out Quest bars, etc...so I took some time off to figure out the extend of the food allergies. I mention Quest bars as many recommended them in past blogs as a no-soy alternative but they all have at least trace amounts of nuts. I really found the ease of prepackaged foods to be key to my weight loss on IP but am having trouble finding any IP foods, alternative or otherwise, high in protein without traces of soy, eggs or nuts. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Will I have to forgo prepackaged meals and go straight to "real" food?

Thanks, Sandra
  • I just realized someone rated the 100% Thread as a 1 star = Terrible! LOL, my results are amazing and I love the 100% thread. Silly, grumpy dieters.
  • Quote: This is a question for Lisa and anyone else with allergies or severe food restrictions who is doing IP.

Lisa, did you just have to avoid soy, or is nuts also on your avoid list. I don't know if you remember me...I did IP last year, but was feeling pretty awful the entire time. Found out I had some serious medical issues that I didn't know about, and we're still figuring it all out. One result is that I've developed severe allergies to almost everything, including soy, nuts, eggs, dairy, and most tree fruits. I regained some of the weight I lost and tried to do a reboot a few months ago but discovered that my allergies are so severe that I can't even have trace amounts of soy which throws out quest bars, etc...so I took some time off to figure out the extend of the food allergies. I really found the ease of prepackaged foods to be key to my weight loss on IP but am having trouble finding any IP foods, alternative or otherwise, high in protein without traces of soy, eggs or nuts. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Will I have to forgo prepackaged meals and go straight to "real" food?

Thanks, Sandra
    You might just have to work with vegan protein powder smoothies done with water. I use Vega Protein Smoothie powder, Garden Of Life Raw Vegan protein, and Prairie Naturals Organic Rice protein. I have gluten issues and can't do a whole lot of whey either. There is no soy, dairy, egg, nuts, although Vega has Savi seed and Garden of Life has Sesame sprouts, sunflower sprouts, chia sprouts, pumpkin sprouts. These are all seeds and not nuts but you may want to check that out with your allergist.
    It's kind of boring because there aren't many choices but it can be done. There is also a pure vegan pumpkin seed protein powder for smoothies I've seen too but haven't tried yet. These all come in a range of flavours like vanilla, chocolate, berry, tropic mango pineapple, etc.
    Liana
  • Quote: You might just have to work with vegan protein powder smoothies done with water. I use Vega Protein Smoothie powder, Garden Of Life Raw Vegan protein, and Prairie Naturals Organic Rice protein. I have gluten issues and can't do a whole lot of whey either. There is no soy, dairy, egg, nuts, although Vega has Savi seed and Garden of Life has Sesame sprouts, sunflower sprouts, chia sprouts, pumpkin sprouts. These are all seeds and not nuts but you may want to check that out with your allergist.
    It's kind of boring because there aren't many choices but it can be done. There is also a pure vegan pumpkin seed protein powder for smoothies I've seen too but haven't tried yet. These all come in a range of flavours like vanilla, chocolate, berry, tropic mango pineapple, etc.
    Liana
    Thank you so much! I have been to the whole food/health food stores a few times, stared at all the vegan powders, and felt so lost! Pea powder, hemp powder, I just didn't know where to begin, you post is so helpful!!
    edited to add: Did you find weight loss to be about the same as with IP products, or has it been slower? I want to set realistic expectations
  • ems: Good to see you, I was thinking of you the other day!
  • Quote: ...SylviesGirl, I hear ya on the frustrations of a doctor! All I can do is think about how great it is that he is now in support of IP. Take it as a compliment to yourself that you did it without him and now you will have some support from him.
    Yep - you're also "proof" for him that it works so you're a "poster girl" for his office. Think of how many more people will get help now because he is in support of it. It IS too bad that you had to do it the hard way, but either way, you got it done!

Quote: I just realized someone rated the 100% Thread as a 1 star = Terrible! LOL, my results are amazing and I love the 100% thread. Silly, grumpy dieters.
    The people here ON the 100% thread know it's a treasure and won't care about a rating. Hopefully it doesn't turn others off from joining the OP party, but either way WE'RE all here! Wooot woooot!!
  • I got the nicest phone call tonight. The chiro who owns the clinic I go to for IP(and for chiropractic) called me tonight. He said he saw me today and wanted to congratulate me on doing so well. He talked to my coach and was very proud of my loss and my maintenance. It was a nice phone call and something he did not have to do.
  • drd -- now THAT's a NSV! It's nice to be recognized for sure, but even nicer someone took the time, not just to think it, but to let you know they were thinking it!