Alternachick Chat, Week of July 21st

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hi everyone!

Just checking in from Gencon in Indiannapolis where I am having a great time!

Sorry I can't read everyone's posts as I am on a borrowed computer...

I will catch up with you all when I get back!
  • Yikes! It's the Moderator! Quick... delete the bad language...
  • OH OH!!!!

HI LIDIAN! HI SQUEAK! HI ELLIS! HI MAUVAIS!! HI EVERYONE ELSE WHO SHOULD BE POSTING INSTEAD OF JUST READING THIS! (This means YOU!!)
  • Good morning chickies! It has been way too quite in here so I guess I will post about my relatively boring week.

Getting back into the swing of things at work. I was missed for various reasons. The girl in front of me was very happy to see me, partially because she just likes me, and in part because she was handling my project and doesn't want to deal with the people I deal with. I don't blame her. Some are very nice, but can be a royal pain, and clueless.

In good news - it is looking good for my job to stay right where it is, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed and getting together my resume just in case.

In other wonderful news - a dear friend has hit her 3rd month in a high risk pregnancy which I am very thrilled about. WE are all excited and are hoping things continue to go well.

I have been sorta ok with the food this week. Except for when I ate my days worth of point during breakfast yesterday morning. But today is a new day. I hate to jinx it, but I may actually be down a pound. First time in a LONG time.

Nothing too exciting, and no big plans for the weekend, maybe just a concert and cleaning the house.

Ok, now it is someone else's turn.
  • Good morning Den and Squeak! Yeah... where the heck IS everyone!?

Squeak, that's great news about your job and your friend !

I'm just not getting any weight off this week. I'm DEFINITELY doing Phase 1 next week, Den. Just for a week, I think. I may need help... Dad's still got my book.

We're on our way to see the psychologist. A 40 minute walk each way, so at least I'll get some exercise in today.

I'll be back later... happy Friday, everyone!
  • Hey...

Squeak, that's good news about the job & friend's pregnancy!

DH and I went to the Crosby Stills and Nash concert last night. It was fantastic...those guys still have it after all these years. I must be getting old; it was murder pulling myself out of bed this morning after staying up late!

Have a great day everybody!
  • Squeak-GOOD NEWS!! Hope your friend's pregnancy continues well. Hope your job stays where it is. Hope you are down a pound!!!!!

Ellis-I may even start before Monday. I have just been having a terrible time, and I DON'T want to gain any weight back. I made crumb cake for family & DS16's guest and didn't eat any though, so maybe I am getting back on track!!! I still have the book, so just ask and I will look it up!!!

Karen-(By the way, that is MY real name too!!!) WOW!! FUN!! Those guys are great!!! I dragged myself out of bed this morning and I didn't even go to a concert!!!!

My big thrill-yesterday we refinanced the house. went to a 15 year mortgage, and don't have a house payment until Sept. 1. GREAT!! Money continues to be tight this summer, so that will help. Don't know WHAT I'm going to do when DH starts the full time position. REGULAR MONEY YEAR ROUND?!? I may have a stroke!!!!!
  • OOPS!! Dryer is still broken, Ellis. Been hanging stuff since we FINALLY had a few nice days here. Trying to decide if we can hold off on getting a new dryer until DH starts the job or if we charge it and deal with the consequences later. Hope we can wait! I am really freaky about being in debt.
  • Wow...there are two Karens in North America who like Marmite. What a small, small world!
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone!

I have been sort of cleaning up the house all day, interspersed with playing Alchemy on the computer with the girls...got them to help tidy up their room and part of the basement and did we ever find stuff! Stuff to give away from when they were toddlers. Very important stuff that got lost in the depths of Linear B ("oh mom, oh mom! That's my [fill in the blank: small plastic aquatic creature/change purse full of pennies/Lip Smacker collection/plush kitty cat] that I've been wanting for MONTHS!!" Better than shopping, I say! It's all for free, girls, just don't keep every little plastic thingie we find.

And so the day passed, with a load of laundry also thrown in, and then there was the cat box, and meals...and outfits for the relatives' visit to be modelled endlessly. And groceries to get tomorrow morning before the visit.

When they are here I will probably be prone on the sofa, snoring gently.

And so I will not be posting tomorrow, probably. But Sunday yes, after a few strong coffees.

Hope you are all going to have a weekend of well-deserved rest!

Lidian
  • Oh ****, Lidian. Visiters already!?
    You have a nice relaxing day on Sunday. Sitting at the computer chatting to us.
    Take it easy, hon!
  • WOW! Wish I could get my kids to help out like that Lidian!!!
    Good luck with the visit, and see you Sunday!!
  • Lidian - I hope your weekend went well!

Popping in after a relatively quite weekend. Today was back to work. Lately a sharp stick in the eye would be more fun. I bought a belly dancing video yesterday, so I'll try that out and see if I can do it. Between that, the tai chi, and the yoga tape my sister got, I should have all the good eastern exercises covered.

Off to find dinner. Stress has been high today so food intake has been low. Now I am STARVING!

• Hello everyone!

I just got back from my trip and I am exhausted so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow when I am not yawning my head off