Lunch - what did you have today?

You're on Page 29 of 34
Go to
  • A ton of homemade seaweed salad. Baked tofu, left over sushi rice, and a kabocha broccoli stir fry=608

I notice my eating preferences go in waves, lately I've been eating big lunches and smaller diners and breakfasts. I remember last year going through a similar phase. Interesting since a couple months ago I was more into big breakfasts.
  • Friday Nov 7
    Lunch
    2 slices homemade whole wheat bread toasted, 1 tablespoon Light spread
    1 cup vegetable and bean soup.
  • 2(!) bowls of buffalo chicken soup
  • So much of my cooking is from scratch and I sometimes am too busy or, ehemmm Lazy to figure out the calories. I try and keep the aount of food with a certain portion size and lower fat, low to no sodium, ...
    Anyway, I chffanade and cook 1/2 of a small baseball cabbage in a teaspoon of olive oil, added a cup of cooked Israeli couscous about 170 calories for 1/3 cup dry which cooks up to around 1 cup full. I love any couscous but am fondest of the pititim,
    added a tablespoon or slightly less of my tahini
    and about 1 oz of lowsodium white chedder cheese 90 cals

mixed together and sprinkle no salt lemon pepper on top with a dash of Spanish smoked paprika.

there was like 2.5 cups of food. . I thought I could only eat half of it, but it was so freaking good I finished it!
    a very light colored meal though,, pale cabbage, pale couscous, tahini has little color and white chedder!! I will have to eat some colorful foods for dinner!
  • ^CatNa, that is exactly why I gave up on calorie counting for the most part. It just got to be burdensome! I do count calories maybe once every few months for a week to see how I'm doing and have entered a few of my recipes into MyFitnessPal. Just glad to have found 5:2 so I don't have to count...

Your meal sounds different, but has many of my favorite things in it. Israeli couscous is an absolutely favor of mine, but I have to be careful with it or I will eat like 4 cups in one sitting...cabbage on the other hand, I have got to start eating cabbage again! I love it roasted.

---

I had a bowl of buffalo chicken soup again for lunch yesterday, AND today.

Today I also had a small piece of chocolate cake that a coworker brought in. It looked too good to pass up, and well, it was.

No lunch tomorrow!
  • Last week's lunch theme was Japanese, this week its mediterranean

-4 falafels
    -lettuce
    -5 kalamata olives
    -tomato slices w/balsamic
    -1 oz pepper jack goat cheese
    -tahini dressing(tahini, almond milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper)
    =753

Added a bit too much tahini for the dressing. Adjusted the recipe for the rest of my lunches this week to be lower calorie.
  • -3 falafels
    -lettuce
    -2 dolmas
    -tomato slices w/balsamic
    -tahini dressing(tahini, almond milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper)
    =512

Much better lunch calorie wise then yesterday Also yesterday I only ate about 1/2 the dressing I made, really didn't need the rest.
  • -3 falafels
    -lettuce
    -2 dolmas
    -cucumber slices
    -tahini dressing(tahini, water, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic)
    =567
  • 2 slices of thin crust veggie pizza, a small salad with lite ranch dressing, and about 2 inches of a cheesesteak.
  • noname-mmmm pizza...

Didn't have time to make a lunch last night so going to get my tofu salad from the thai place I like. I figure the salad is between 400-500 calories.
  • Thurday NOV 13

1 cup of chicken stew
    2 slices of cornbread, with light marg. ( corn bread full of fat sugar and indescribably delicious. ) ekks
    2 table spoons of peanut butter. (I seem to have a craving for peanut butter lately)
    A rum toddy. uummm
    and a full Sugar Coke! WHAT??? I NEVER DRink Coke!!!

Give me strength to have some willpower for dinner! Yikes
  • Yesterday was so busy that I missed lunch, so I have my cup of curry lentil soup that I brought yesterday still in my work fridge.
  • Back to the Japanese Bentos. I wasn't as into my mediterranean meals, I mean they were good, but I really prefer japanese. Next week I might make my lunches Thai theme. I could do peanut tofu satay, spring rolls, and a side salad....hmmm

-tamagoyaki
    -sushi salad without rice
    -homemade asian dressing
    =503
  • Lunch Nov 14
    we were out shopping and my huband wanted a hamburger.
    I had a plain small hanburger nothing in but some really sweet onions. a few of his no salt fries and come home and had 2 cups of popcorn.
  • Dottington. I love seaweed salad when I go to the Japanese place, but I never thought of making it. Have a recipe to share? What kind of seaweed is it?

I had a piece of coconut when I got home from the grocery store as I am quite hungry. Now I will put my potato in the oven and start with a salad.