IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
    And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Day 8 of my reboot with my coach. First weigh in tomorrow. Made it through the weekend staying 100% IP. I am amazed how much energy I have when on ideal protein. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.
  • Quote: Day 8 of my reboot with my coach. First weigh in tomorrow. Made it through the weekend. Staying 100% IP. I am amazed how much energy I have when on ideal protein. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.
    Good for you! I have sooooo much energy, too. So much of my bad eating was trying to quivk fix fatigue. Now i know how much worse i was making it!I am originally from Ft. Wayne...my brother-in-law lives in Indy.

Fun find: I put my raspberry jelly in freezer and found that, once it was slightly frozen, it's a lot like gelato...
    very smooth and creamy. Yum! I also put sea salt on my chocolate pudding...sort of a version of salted caramel.
  • Quote: Good for you! I have sooooo much energy, too. So much of my bad eating was trying to quivk fix fatigue. Now i know how much worse i was making it!I am originally from Ft. Wayne...my brother-in-law lives in Indy.

Fun find: I put my raspberry jelly in freezer and found that, once it was slightly frozen, it's a lot like gelato...
    very smooth and creamy. Yum! I also put sea salt on my chocolate pudding...sort of a version of salted caramel.
    Yeah, I always thought eating would fix everything - didn't work very well. My body is much happier eating this way!
  • Hi Everyone
    Hope you all had a good weekend. I struggled a bit as my DH and I went to a sports bar to watch the Kentucky Derby. For the most part I did pretty good, didn't drink any alcohol but did eat a few of my girlfriends "Naked" chicken wings, which means they have no sauce on them. They are deep fried however and I know that is a no no. Anyway I made a quick recovery and got back on track with my next meal!! This is a big NSV for me because in the past I would have used this as an excuse to go crazy eating all weekend and "restart" on Monday!!
    Have a great rest of the week!!
  • I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been coming here and reading every single day. I've been a bit discouraged lately because I feel as if I am losing quite a bit slowly than a lot of others here. I KNOW...I shouldn't compare myself to others, but that's easier said than done when I check in here every day and can't help but notice! LOL

Today was WI#6. Was down 1.5. In the past 3 weeks, I have lost a total of 5.3 pounds.

Is there anyone out there who has lost a significant amount of weight, but didn't have big losses most weeks? Would love to hear encouragement on how to stay motivated when you don't experience the big losses and super fast results you want/hope for!
  • Well it was my first week on the program and I got on the scale this morning. I'm down 11 pounds.....ELEVEN...that's crazy and wonderful at the same time. And while I realize it won't be this way every week I'm celebrating having a week's worth of will-power. And this is definitely encouraging to stay on the program. :P

~Michael
  • http://cathe.com/all-calories-are-no...-loss-strategy

http://cathe.com/does-being-fit-in-m...dementia-later

http://cathe.com/fiber-and-appetite-...-your-appetite

http://cathe.com/5-ways-to-maximize-...-fitness-train

http://cathe.com/decline-in-physical...hey-used-to-be
  • My NSV from this weekend-eating out Friday night and my husband ordered soft pretzel sticks with dipping sauce for an appetizer. I had none!
  • Quote: I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been coming here and reading every single day. I've been a bit discouraged lately because I feel as if I am losing quite a bit slowly than a lot of others here. I KNOW...I shouldn't compare myself to others, but that's easier said than done when I check in here every day and can't help but notice! LOL

Today was WI#6. Was down 1.5. In the past 3 weeks, I have lost a total of 5.3 pounds.

Is there anyone out there who has lost a significant amount of weight, but didn't have big losses most weeks? Would love to hear encouragement on how to stay motivated when you don't experience the big losses and super fast results you want/hope for!
    If my math is right, you've lost more than 3 lbs a week on average! That is awesome! You should be really proud of that accomplishment!

And yes, my body kind of got in a cycle where I'd have 2 or 3 (or 4) low loss weeks and then lose 4-6 pounds all at once. It all evens out. Seriously, remember that at any given point the scale is just part of a measure of overall progress - it's the downward trend you're looking for.

Have you been taking measurements? Any changes there? How do you feel? How do your clothes feel? These are really better measurements of progress than the scale sometimes.

Hang in there - you really are doing great. I know it's hard to be patient, but I figure it this way - I spent better than 25 years overweight, what's a few months to lose it?
  • So... I cheated this weekend. I had wine, pizza and potatoes. I gained 2 pounds (hopefully not all fat) and I felt terrible the next day. I'm chalking it up to a learning experience. 1. The food did not taste as good as I thought it would have. 2. The wine was lovely but I easily could have done without it - and the headache the next day. 3. The fun of the night wasn't worth a 2 pound gain and a slow down of weight loss for this week.
    I'm back on board 100%. I'm not beating myself up too much though because the past 3 weeks have been really hard to stay 100% and this cheat has made me recommit myself to the diet...
  • Proti Diet On Sale!
    Nashua has 10% off this week on Proti Diet (one of my favorite brands)!

Use CODE: PD10

If you are interested in the Lifetime Membership at Nashua for 10% off forever (including on sales and coupons), I posted info in the Alternative Product thread on how to join (they do not advertise it on the site so you have to know how to join!)
  • Quote: Well it was my first week on the program and I got on the scale this morning. I'm down 11 pounds.....ELEVEN...that's crazy and wonderful at the same time. And while I realize it won't be this way every week I'm celebrating having a week's worth of will-power. And this is definitely encouraging to stay on the program. :P

~Michael

Good for you!!! Congrats and tap dances!!

You have a few things going for you here...
    1.) You're male
    2.) You're tall...
    3.) ....and the best thing is you've discovered IP!!

keep going...trust the diet and you will reach goal before you know it!
  • Hello!!
  • Quote: I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been coming here and reading every single day. I've been a bit discouraged lately because I feel as if I am losing quite a bit slowly than a lot of others here. I KNOW...I shouldn't compare myself to others, but that's easier said than done when I check in here every day and can't help but notice! LOL

My past two losses have been a little lower than I'd like, too. I try to remind myself that at least the numbers are going in the right direction! Hang in there, you're doing great!