Cranial correction!

• Me and my family have a long road of fat and lazy and health issues.

My sisters and I are working very hard on correcting all of this and make a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

We've done quite well, but my sisters and I had one of those light bulb moments today.

It's not a diet, it's not a personal trainer, it's not running or lifting or organic or tofu, or what ever.

It's a "cranial correction"

My middle sister told me the thing I said, that stuck with her is, "your mind will quit, long before your body does!"

So, no more whining! Instead, "cranial correction!"

It's not an easy road, I know this!

WE can DO IT!
  • You're so right, I like the cute term! I started seeing a nutritional therapist who specializes in IE. She doesn't tell me what to eat or when to eat. Instead we focus on why I eat and how I eat. Instead of a diet she claims we are "rewiring my brain." It's kind of awesome to think of it this way. In essence we are changing habits, and learning new behaviors, and building a different relationship with food. It's not just about what you eat.
  • Yes, I agree with this philosophy. Isn't it funny how on each of our weight loss/healthier lifestyle journeys we each get these little epiphanies now and then?
    Permanent change rarely happens through a diet as the modern world views the word "diet".
    Sometimes it really is mind over matter! Or rather, mind controls matter. I guess.
  • Definitely! Change your mind, change your life!
  • I absolutely agree, but I also believe that the physical component still needs to be addressed for the mind to do its job. For me, I couldn't learn to have a proper relationship with food while eating sugar and flour. Now that I've eliminated them out of my life, I can get my mind rewired, but if I had still continued with those foods, it would be an impossible battle. I have 27 years of struggling with it to back me up. This isn't true for everyone, but we're all different.
  • Quote: I absolutely agree, but I also believe that the physical component still needs to be addressed for the mind to do its job. For me, I couldn't learn to have a proper relationship with food while eating sugar and flour. Now that I've eliminated them out of my life, I can get my mind rewired, but if I had still continued with those foods, it would be an impossible battle. I have 27 years of struggling with it to back me up. This isn't true for everyone, but we're all different.
    That's true for me, too.