Eggs *TMI?*

• Has anyone else developed a sensitivity to eggs since starting IP?

The first time I had eggs while OP, I thought it was a bad carton. I awoke in the middle of the night with excruciating pain, stomach issues, and started vomiting. I assumed the eggs were the culprit but because they must have been bad.

The second time I ate eggs (a new carton) I had about three hours of terrible stomach pain. I felt like I needed to vomit or go to the washroom, but couldn't. I figured it was the eggs again and that it wasn't worth eating.

Fast forward to tonight, which is about five weeks later and I completely forgot and made myself an omelette for dinner tonight with 2 eggs and three egg whites. And here I am sitting again with the same pain. I left the bedroom because my husband has to work at 6am tomorrow, and I didn't want to wake him. I feel bloated and gassy besides the pain.

I've never had an allergy or any sensitivity to eggs. I didn't eat them often, but even so I've never felt this way after eating them. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • It happend to me with gluten, after my first round of IP I became intolerant to gluten ! I don't know how. Maybe you should mention it to your doctor, he may have some better advice than me ! Hope this help :flower:
  • Food intolerances can come and go in life.

I know someone who has eaten eggs his whole life and the last several months hasn't been able to eat them.

You may want to give eggs a rest for 6 months or so and try re-introducing them one bite at a time to see if you're still intolerant. Some intolerances will persist and others will be temporary.

I'd be SUPER frustrated if an egg intolerance popped up for me. I already avoid soy and gluten. But we do what we have to do, don't we?
  • Quote: It happend to me with gluten, after my first round of IP I became intolerant to gluten ! I don't know how. Maybe you should mention it to your doctor, he may have some better advice than me ! Hope this help :flower:
    I have this same problem now when I eat I am so bloated and my pants dont even fit
  • Zoological! Poor you! My side effects are rashes all over my body :-( like eczema!