chicken stir fry bake, my favorite...

• I found the IP diet getting bland , so i started experimenting with the food.....i took 8 0z of skinless, boneless chicken and cut it up in slices , put 2 cups of veggies, red onion, peppers and bean sprouts......i then put the tsp of olive oil in a bowl and added the chicken and veggies and mixed well, i then put the salt and i use chinese spice with some soy sauce ......put it in the oven on a baking sheet and cooked til chicken is done......by far my favorite dish....
  • Go to it whipwon... there are lots of condiments and interesting combos of veggies you can use for non-boring meals. There's nothing that says your veggie must be 2 cups of one thing boiled or steamed or raw!
    Roasted anything is great, cabbage wedges, asparagus, fennel, you name it.
    EVOO drizzle overtop in a roasting pan and voila - heaven. Fresh herbs can kick it up a notch too. Fresh basil, mint, rosemary, tarragon. If you have access to wild greens they are good too. Young dandelion leaves, nasturtium leaves or petals, violet flowers, rose petals (although they aren't out yet) go great as a part of a fancy salad.

Almost all my veggies were stirfried or roasted or raw while I was on IP phase 1-3. Lost weight just fine and ate like a king. There's a great fennel salad that Chef Daniel Verati does and also a mock tabbouleh from cauliflower too. You can check out his Facebook Page Chef Verati for some other recipes. Don't forget rhubarb is counted as a veggie if you want a fruit dessert.

Liana
  • I think it sounds very yummy and I had to do a double check to see if Soya Sauce was OP -- which it is. That surprises me as it is just soooo full of sodium. Now I'm excited to have a stir fry with some cauli-rice too! mmmmm... thanks for sharing
  • Quote: I think it sounds very yummy and I had to do a double check to see if Soya Sauce was OP -- which it is. That surprises me as it is just soooo full of sodium. Now I'm excited to have a stir fry with some cauli-rice too! mmmmm... thanks for sharing
    Many people use Braggs Aminos as soy sauce.
  • Quote: Many people use Braggs Aminos as soy sauce.
    Hi JLUS: I use Bragg's because of gluten allergies - I like it better anyhow, it's non GMO soy, unlike almost everything made with soy these days. I personally think that is the issue with so many that have problems with soy. I think it's best to stick with organic if you can because that lessens your exposure to chemical poisons/pesticides and weird gene-spliced 'food' that our bodies don't even recognize anymore. It is a more expensive way to eat though. OK, off soap box now...

Liana
  • Quote: Hi JLUS: I use Bragg's because of gluten allergies - I like it better anyhow, it's non GMO soy, unlike almost everything made with soy these days. I personally think that is the issue with so many that have problems with soy. I think it's best to stick with organic if you can because that lessens your exposure to chemical poisons/pesticides and weird gene-spliced 'food' that our bodies don't even recognize anymore. It is a more expensive way to eat though. OK, off soap box now...

Liana
    I use coconut aminos due to difficulties with both soy and gluten.
    I'm totally on that non-GMO, organic soap-box with you, canadjineh!