IP Weekend chat. Sat 4/19 - Sun 4/20/2014

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Weigh-in 10 today.....down to 150 lbs exactly for a weekly loss of 0.8. I'm happy I even lost this week because I had a stomach bug mid-week and drank 1L of PediaLyte (containing sugar). I'm halfway to goal! All of my old clothes fit again (I'm back in a size 6 and M top), I have more energy and I feel better!
    So happy that you are finding success and feeling better!

Quote: The IP chocolate brownies have been unavailable for weeks- now the lemon wafers are unavailable! Anyone have suggestions? They are my favorite treats!. Has anyone tried the Plain Protein chocolate fudge cake?
    My clinic said that there is a manufacturing issue with the choc. Brownie and it will be a while . I like the vanilla peanut bar, but it is pretty sweet.

Quote: Today is day 12 on IP. I'm on the 4th of July committee for our town. We fundraise, plan do everything for the celebration. Tonight is our "cornhole" tournament so that means lots of temptation. I've made a plan; eating before we go, taking mio to put in my water, as everybody will be partaking in alcoholic drinks and sticking a bar or crisps in my purse in case seeing everybody munching on snacks gets to me.
    Great planning! You can do this. It is a decision. Getting to your goal is much more important than some drinks and chips. It is hard in the beginning, but with every successful event it will get easier.

Quote: My scale decided to move 2.7 pounds today! Woo-hoo! That's added inspiration to stay strong while the wine is being served this weekend!
    Yay 2.7 pounds gone forever!
  • Good morning and happy weekend, everyone!

Wide awake at 7:15 AM stressing about going back to work on Tuesday, heart pounding and all. So I decided to burn off that stress by doing some workouts. Feeling a little better now! I am working on garding some science projects now; once this set is finished, I have one more set of projects to grade by Tuesday. I also want to get four weeks of planning done. This should lower my stress level significantly!

Going to my brother's house for family Easter tomorrow. My sis-in-law basically eats paleo, so staying on plan should be easy. I always have snacks in my purse just in case! The temptation will be the cupcakes DD is making...ugh! But if she can bake them and not partake, then I can stay away, too!

Quote: Oh let the busy day begin!!!!! Today is our city's Easter egg hunt for the kids, then off to get a birthday party together at the park (hopefully the showers don't happen). Then to my brothers to dye eggs in preparation for tomorrow. Busy busy busy!. Hopefully I make it through today alive!
    Sounds like a busy but FUN day! Enjoy!

Quote: The other day I wanted to eat less than 2 hours after I'd just had a Pure Protein 21 shake. I had to tell the inner child she wasn't hungry, she just wanted to eat. The adult took charge and found "us" something else to do until dinner time.

The Beck Diet Solution is really helping me identify cravings/phantom hunger (when my head wants to eat despite body not being hungry). It has taught me hunger is NOT an emergency and doesn't need to be dealt with immediately. Sometimes it is just enough to tell myself, "Yup, you're hungry but you're not starving (or dying). Our next meal is planned and it is at x:00. You'll live. Move on."

This isn't easy. But it works!
    Wow, that hunger statement is so true! I have found that hunger is a signal, but not an alarm, like the washing machine beeping versus a smoke detector beeping. If I do not eat right away, the hunger actually goes away! I love retraining my brain!!

Quote: My scale decided to move 2.7 pounds today! Woo-hoo! That's added inspiration to stay strong while the wine is being served this weekend!
    Excellent! Stay strong! (The wine will be better when it has aged more, anyway!) LOL

Quote: Today is day 12 on IP. I'm on the 4th of July committee for our town. We fundraise, plan do everything for the celebration. Tonight is our "cornhole" tournament so that means lots of temptation. I've made a plan; eating before we go, taking mio to put in my water, as everybody will be partaking in alcoholic drinks and sticking a bar or crisps in my purse in case seeing everybody munching on snacks gets to me.
    Great plan! Have fun playing and ignore the snacks and drinks. Excellent job for your first two weeks on plan!

Quote: Saw a great quote today: "Don't do something permanently stupid because you're temporarily upset!"
    Love this!
  • Renee, Exercise is a great way to deal with that stress. This week has flown by way too fast. Although it will be stressful, school will be over before you know it. I wish you a wonderful IP Easter, strength to resist those cupcakes and smooth sailing with your grading/planning.
  • Quote: Renee, Exercise is a great way to deal with that stress. This week has flown by way too fast. Although it will be stressful, school will be over before you know it. I wish you a wonderful IP Easter, strength to resist those cupcakes and smooth sailing with your grading/planning.
    Thanks! And yes, I know the rest of the school year will FLY by. In fact, I only have four weeks left of teaching the eighth grade. I cannot believe that!
  • Quote: Thanks! And yes, I know the rest of the school year will FLY by. In fact, I only have four weeks left of teaching the eighth grade. I cannot believe that!
    I have 30 workdays in this school year.
    Uh oh. I have LOTS to do!
  • Quote: I have 30 workdays in this school year.
    LOL I know I was counting kid contact days and we only see the kids 18 more times before it's over, and some of the littler ones not even that much. Then we have 5 more work days after that. Crazy how fast a school year goes. I still have so much to do with them!
  • When is your school year over? I have to look at a calendar now but I go till the end of June...
  • School until June 19th here.
  • My students get out the 21 and my children get out june 5, my last day is May 29! Bring on summer!
  • Quote: I have 30 workdays in this school year.
    I have 38, although only 28 with my eighth graders. One of those is a math meeting, and one is a field trip to HersheyPark. I can do this!! We can do this! But yes, LOTS to do!
  • Funny that there are so many teachers on here! I wonder if it says something about our profession! LOL I don't know about you but at my school there is always food and junk. Teachers have junk drawers, kids bring candy, its EVERYWHERE!
  • We get out May 23rd. It's a half day for the kids, and the afternoon is supposed to be work time for the teachers to tear down their rooms for the summer.

Quote: Weigh-in 10 today.....down to 150 lbs exactly for a weekly loss of 0.8. I'm happy I even lost this week because I had a stomach bug mid-week and drank 1L of PediaLyte (containing sugar). I'm halfway to goal! All of my old clothes fit again (I'm back in a size 6 and M top), I have more energy and I feel better!
    Congratulations to both of you!
  • Measuring shredded zucchini
    So... I wasn't smart enough to measure my zucchini BEFORE I shredded it. I was so anxious about using my shredding gadget for the first time and trying to figure it out....

Anyway, I shredded it, then nuked it for a while, then put it in cheesecloth in a strainer to get the moisture out. So, now I have 1 cup exactly of already shredded zucchini. (I think I used 3 average size zucchini.)

For those of you who ARE smart enough to measure first... when you shred 1 cup of zucchini, about how much of a cup will it be after it's shredded? 1/2? 1/3? Less??

Thanks!!
  • Quote: So... I wasn't smart enough to measure my zucchini BEFORE I shredded it. I was so anxious about using my shredding gadget for the first time and trying to figure it out....

Anyway, I shredded it, then nuked it for a while, then put it in cheesecloth in a strainer to get the moisture out. So, now I have 1 cup exactly of already shredded zucchini. (I think I used 3 average size zucchini.)

For those of you who ARE smart enough to measure first... when you shred 1 cup of zucchini, about how much of a cup will it be after it's shredded? 1/2? 1/3? Less??

Thanks!!
    I go by weight: for zucchini, 1c = 124g. Just make sure to measure RAW!

(I realize that doesn't exactly help with your current dilemma, sorry....)
  • Today was a GOOD and surprising day. I have been vigilant on the program for a bit now and feeling good, so while running errands this morning, I dropped in a thrift store because they were having a great Easter sale. I needed to buy a second pair of size 14 jeans and decided to pick up a pair of size 12 for when....we all know that thought!

Then after I got home, my husband decided to go work so I took a few smaller clothes out of my closet to try on. Wedding of my nephew in Atlanta in July - nice soft pink floaty silk dress size 12. No zipper on the dress and yet it went all the way over and down! Now there were a few bumps and lumps that still need to disappear but I have 12 weeks.

Then came a beautiful Adrianna Papell smoke illusion top and sparkle sequin long dress for my son's wedding in October - gorgeous. My soon to be daughter in law loves it - size 10. Again, it went on (with a bit more of a struggle) but it pulled down and over my hips and stomach...albeit again with lumps and bumps.

Now I can see some saying 'what in the heck is she doing buying a size 10 and talking about lumps and bumps'?

It inspires me to know that I can get the dress on. That means with continued vigilance, I can get rid of the bumps and that is sooooo exciting and makes me toe the line to be able to SHOW OFF! There, I said it. I want to be confident and small enough to show off for once in my life. There will be people at the wedding who have not seen me since I was at my highest weight. I intend to be about 130 or more pounds less by then.......just under 30 more to go.