IP daily chat Tuesday 4/8/2014

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • So - today I had to update my profile/stats with the first gain I've experienced in the seven months I have been on IP. The past couple of months I've become complacent. Bite of this or that here and there, not measuring, not getting enough water in. But I continued to lose, although not at the same rate I had been the first few months when I was absolutely 100%. "No problem!" I justified it to myself. "You're looking great, you're losing, this is not a race". Well, the complacency finally bit me back and I'm UP 1.5 pounds this week. This is a wake up call. This is for LIFE. I'm not yet at goal, and even when I get there, I need to be always vigilant.

I'm back on 100%. My head is in the game.
  • I am new, and haven't started just yet, still reading and getting organized so I can be successful. However, I thought I'd share that I got an email from Nashua Nutrition - free shipping on orders $49+ today, code "TODAY49" at checkout. I have been reading extensively through the forums so I plan to order some alternatives, just thought I'd share since I didn't see it posted yet! It says "today only" though I am sure they offer similar promos periodically. Have a good day everyone!
  • Quote: So - today I had to update my profile/stats with the first gain I've experienced in the seven months I have been on IP. The past couple of months I've become complacent.
    I'm back on 100%. ....
    Glad you are back on track. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Quote: I am new, and haven't started just yet, still reading and getting organized so I can be successful. However, I thought I'd share that I got an email from Nashua Nutrition - free shipping on orders $49+ today, code "TODAY49" at checkout. I have been reading extensively through the forums so I plan to order some alternatives, just thought I'd share since I didn't see it posted yet! It says "today only" though I am sure they offer similar promos periodically. Have a good day everyone!
    My favorite alternative is Premier Protein chocolate drinks from Costco.
    11 oz. and 160 calories, 2 net carbs. Much cheaper than IP drinks and those taste fine.

Welcome to IP
  • Quote: I put mine in the Magic Bullet with water and mix it up, then pour it in a large coffee cup and add coffee and heat for about 1 minute in the microwave - works great and no gritty taste.
    Thanks for the tip! Ill have to try that!

Quote: So my God-Mother sent me some seasonings to try out and I fell in LOVE with one called Sumac. I can't find it anywhere in town and thought about ordering from Amazon. Don't know if any of yall have tried it but it's been great on any meat I cook! I throw it in salads as well. My dad is currently in Dubai for work and just messaged me saying he bought me JARS! SO EXCITED! Hopefully it makes it all the way back. Last night I turned my potato puree into a flat bread and tossed some sumac on top. SO GOOD! It's got a citrus type flavor. If you can find it, try it!!
    ems- I am of middle eastern decent and we use Sumac all the time. It is so good, especially on ground beef and also in salads! Glad you discovered it because it's delicious!
  • I had a weird funny thing happen this weekend. I got the chocolate mint bars for my restricted snack. When I took the first bite I gagged. When I was about 10 my stepmother was dieting and using this candy diet thing called Ayds. Looked just like a box of candy. Being the sneaky kid that I was I took 3 or 4 and ate them all at the same time. I got sooo sick, I never forgot that taste. That bite took me right back there, it tasted so much like those candies. I was able to trade them back to the clinic for some BBQ crisps. No more gagging.
  • Quote: Thanks for the tip! Ill have to try that!

ems- I am of middle eastern decent and we use Sumac all the time. It is so good, especially on ground beef and also in salads! Glad you discovered it because it's delicious!
    Is it spicy?
  • Quote: I had a weird funny thing happen this weekend. I got the chocolate mint bars for my restricted snack. When I took the first bite I gagged. When I was about 10 my stepmother was dieting and using this candy diet thing called Ayds. Looked just like a box of candy. Being the sneaky kid that I was I took 3 or 4 and ate them all at the same time. I got sooo sick, I never forgot that taste. That bite took me right back there, it tasted so much like those candies. I was able to trade them back to the clinic for some BBQ crisps. No more gagging.

I remember Ayds! They were awful!
  • Quote: I had a weird funny thing happen this weekend. I got the chocolate mint bars for my restricted snack. When I took the first bite I gagged. When I was about 10 my stepmother was dieting and using this candy diet thing called Ayds. Looked just like a box of candy. Being the sneaky kid that I was I took 3 or 4 and ate them all at the same time. I got sooo sick, I never forgot that taste. That bite took me right back there, it tasted so much like those candies. I was able to trade them back to the clinic for some BBQ crisps. No more gagging.
    I remember the commercials for Ayds! I also remember them disappearing fast just about the time AIDS/HIV appeared . . . I always wondered if they renamed or just gave up.
  • Panic Alert!!!
    I had to go to team lunch to a mongolian grill where you pick all the veggies and add spices to it.
    So I remember what veggies not to eat in Phase 1 and picked those and somehow thought Tofu can be taken during lunch. I added curry powder,ginger powder,garlic powder, cajun and it turned out to be too salty and I didn't tell the chef not to add any oil but I think he might have added olive oil.

I am feeling very guilty and I have a weigh in this Friday. I am worried if I took too many carbs? Should I cut down my restricted food for today or shall I workout for 20 mins?
    Since I took tofu in the afternoon, I will cut down a little bit of protein in my dinner.

I might be over reacting but I am worried not I might have stopped by body from the ketosis mode :-(
  • My mother used to use a diet drink mix called "Alba." It never worked for her -- maybe because she used to use it as a base for milk-shakes with ice cream.

See where I inherited my problem??
  • Quote: Panic Alert!!!
    I had to go to team lunch to a mongolian grill where you pick all the veggies and add spices to it.
    So I remember what veggies not to eat in Phase 1 and picked those and somehow thought Tofu can be taken during lunch. I added curry powder,ginger powder,garlic powder, cajun and it turned out to be too salty and I didn't tell the chef not to add any oil but I think he might have added olive oil.

I am feeling very guilty and I have a weigh in this Friday. I am worried if I took too many carbs? Should I cut down my restricted food for today or shall I workout for 20 mins?
    Since I took tofu in the afternoon, I will cut down a little bit of protein in my dinner.

I might be over reacting but I am worried not I might have stopped by body from the ketosis mode :-(
    Take a deep breath... You are FINE. A bit of oil ISN,t a big problem... Most stays in the pan (wok) anyway.

Can you guesstimate how many oz of tofu you added? Then subtract from dinner. (Maybe select chicken or fish as your meat so it,s a little less fat.) Many people purposely split up their protein between lunch/dinner, so no issue there.

You are FINE and learned a couple more things to help you eat out next time!
  • Quote: Is it spicy?
    Nope..it's kind of a "zesty" taste if that makes sense.
  • Quote: As someone who has experienced this cycle of either weighing in or not, I can understand this. After being on IP for a while, I just decided that I would allow myself to weigh every day JUST for reference and to keep myself honest.

What I will suggest is that you realize this is a long process and it has its ups and downs, naturally. There will be days you lose bigger amounts that are no more logical than days when you appear to gain weight for no reason.

Hide the scale if you cannot deal with it. Put it in the garage or attic. After a while on the program if you have been losing weight steadily (which you probably will) see if you are ready to bring it back. If not, don't!
    Schenectady I also weigh every morning for the same reason and I record it in the notes when I record what I eat in My Fitness Pal ..it is like if I eat it or what ever scale says I post... Makes me be honest with ME... Cause if I don't record I will eat or drink it and say ahhh it don't matter Just my way of keeping my self on the diet..I also post how I feel tired hungry or happy
  • Thanks JLUS. I definitely learnt a lot on what kind of instructions to be given to the chef. The first 4 or 5 days were really tough and I was sad that all my hard work was thrown away.

I will probably cut some protein from my dinner tonight.

Thanks for responding.