P2 lunch proteins

• Hi all

I am anticipating the next phase (although I still have a little while to go but I like to be prepared!) in this journey and am looking for some easy suggestions for P2 lunch proteins.

Before starting IP, I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I have started to eat some meat (mostly chicken, ground beef, pork tenderloin) with IP but it is not my favourite thing and I would prefer not to eat another chicken breast (or whatever) at lunch.

I am thinking things like hardboiled eggs, tofu and tuna will be good but would love to hear what other people have been doing for P2 lunches. You are all such a creative group of people, your ideas always amaze!
  • Quote: Hi all

I am anticipating the next phase (although I still have a little while to go but I like to be prepared!) in this journey and am looking for some easy suggestions for P2 lunch proteins.

Before starting IP, I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I have started to eat some meat (mostly chicken, ground beef, pork tenderloin) with IP but it is not my favourite thing and I would prefer not to eat another chicken breast (or whatever) at lunch.

I am thinking things like hardboiled eggs, tofu and tuna will be good but would love to hear what other people have been doing for P2 lunches. You are all such a creative group of people, your ideas always amaze!
    The tofu, tuna and HB eggs are all great for variety...I try to have a smaller portion of main dinner protein from the previous day a few times a week and plan for a 1/2 serving leftover for my lunch. When all else fails.....4-6 large frozen shrimp (costco fully cooked) It is a really easy go to...and not that expensive. These are all high quality protein sources....and your new body is so worth it!!! My 2 cents is to avoid cured meat products like sausage patties, bacon, ham and lunch meats...the quality is not the same oz per oz...and the salt and fat is a factor. Not to mention the curing process itself...the preservatives are known to be carcinogenic.
  • I just started P3 this weekend, and I was amazed how much protein that is for both lunch and dinner (in P1 I did 2oz and 6 oz split). I find nicely seasoned boneless skinless thighs (not breasts) I make in batches are much more tender and good in my lunch salad. I use lots of lettuce and my Walden Farms bacon or bleu cheese dressing, and I throw a few Veggie Shreds in there. Tuna or shrimp are good also. I know you said you are not that much of a meat/chicken fan, but I love leftover filet from dinner into a steak salad also. I always do my salad at lunch and make dinner more of a traditional protein meal with hot food.

It is amazing how full you feel on P2!
  • I just did my 1st two days of P2 over the weekend. I was fine the 1st day (did grilled chicken breast both days) but the 2nd day I was super hungry by about 2:30 or so and ate my snack which I usually have after dinner. Just my body adjusting I'm sure.

So I have turkey, roast beast and ham for my lunches this week and am armed with teas, pickles, lettuce and hard boiled eggs, just in case.
  • Really hungrier by dinner if I skimp at lunch.
    Your decisions or health needs (gluten free poses challenges in adding food at breakfast) will also determine how much protein you may need at lunch...since I don't do breads or traditional breakfast carbs, I find I need a little more protein to stave off hunger. My body is used to no carb from that category in the AM after 8 years of being GF, so in spite of the fact mornings are usually OK... afternoons I can find I wish I'd allocated more protein at lunch! If you have noticed you have a gluten sensitivity since IP...you will need to figure that out. Also, I do not do fruit and cottage cheese every day, but more like a few times a week. Fruit and dairy do not make me full and I am actually hungrier when I add that to the start of my day.