Getting out of 220's and 230's!

You're on Page 33 of 34
Go to
  • Bama: Wow! Good job on the new number!!

Nishna: Good luck on the test. The gym will be waiting for you when you're done!!

Jenni: You're just rocking it right now!

It isn't official, but I got on the scale this morning and it said 236.4. What? I seem to be going into a trend of a couple of weeks of little or no weight loss and then a whoosh. As long as we keep going downward, it is ok with me. Most of the time anyway.
  • Yay on all the losses!

I am still holding but I know it because I have missed some Callanetics sessions. I will be back on it tomorrow. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow as well. It is time to restock on my staples and try some new recipes.

I'm also going to try fermenting. Is anyone into that here?
  • Mizzthing.....what is Callanetics?
  • Mizzthing: Yeah, I would like to know what callanetics is too. What are you fermenting? I've never done it.

Saw 236.4 again this morning. I like it!! I'll probably still wait until Monday to update my ticker.
  • Callanetics is a mix of pilates and ballet. The saying is 10 years younger in 10 sessions. It's in the vein of Lotte Berk, Barre, etc. It was started by Callan Pickney. The reason I like Callanetics more than the others is because it is designed to get an hourglass figure. It cinches the waist, lifts the butt and smooths the thighs. These are through small muscle pulses. The original videos were made in the 80s but they work. There are also newer fast paced videos that I haven't tried (but am thinking about) that others love. I can say it works, not matter how fat I have been when I do Callanetics, my thighs are cellulite free and my waist goes in on the side. Look for results pics on the internet. There are many people that have had results.

I'm not sure why it isn't popular, probably bad marketing. It isn't easy but I think of it like yoga. You have to build up.

I am going to try sauerkraut and kimchi. I have to get chili peppers and I will see how it goes. I found pink Himalayan salt at the grocery store so yay for that.
  • Mizzthing: That sounds like a great workout! Awesome!
  • Quick update on me...

I decided to go low carb a couple of weeks ago and it has been WONDERFUL for me. No gluten, no processed sugar... It's made SUCH a tremendous difference in how I feel! I LOVE it!

And yet today, we were on a car trip (5 hours) and my low carb diet took a hit by "on the road eating." Meh. But, OK... Then, we get here and there is cake for my son's birthday. I had some icing from the ice and then half of a cupcake earlier and I feel yucky now. So... No no no. I can't do that again. It's definitely a trigger. Ugh.

Other than that, though... I'm doing OK. Heck, I'm doing WELL even. I'm so excited!
  • Hello everyone
    I am new to this group, currently weighing in at 222.6 so hopefully not for long. I just started getting back on 3FC last week, it has been a couple of years. I started my journey again Aug 11th at 238. I don't know how to update my new journey date. I have gone back to the gym, missed a year but I feel good & I'm excited about going. I go to the turbo kick boxing, zumba, and dance cardio classes. I've been eating more veggies, making green smoothies(lunch or dinner), protein shakes (for bfkfst), no red meat. I know the weight comes off fast then it slows down, lost 1 lb so far but my weigh in is on Wed so I'm hoping to see at least 2lbs.
    If I'm not here long I definitely look forward to chatting with you ladies soon, I see a couple of you are in the low 20s.

I read a couple of weeks posts here and u all are doing GREAT!
  • I am not sure if I have posted hear before. It might have been the 240 thread. Anyways, I am continuing on my journey of weight loss. I am at 236 right now and have been bouncing around a few pounds for the last couple of months. I am a regular exerciser and average about 6500 steps per day. food is 3 meals and 3 snacks, modest sugar and fat and lots of protein. So far it has been a winnong formula. I am looking forward to being in the 2teens. will check back in from time to time.

Best,

Dee
  • Had a good weigh in today! I am down to 234.6, which was a loss of 3.6 pounds this week. I'm so ready to be out of the 230's, but still have a few more pounds to go.

Welcome to Caramel & ActiveAdventurer!
  • Thx Diane & congrats on the weight loss, that's great!
  • I thought I posted in here. This last week went so fast. Slash it is great workout.

Bama I understand on the road eating. I have been having trouble with it. It's hard being low carb and vegan. I said I'm going to try to plan to at least have a bar with me when I am out.

Caramel welcome. You'll be out of here in no time.

I am working on getting back to my strict routine. I brought to many green vegetables I hardly had room for anything else in the fridge. I did finally find a way to use kale: kimchi. I finally tasted some and it tasted good, not as spicy as I would like but that is good for mom who does not like too much spice.

Hopefully this week will end with major pounds dropped for all of us.
  • Hey ladies....

Just saying hi...I am in this funk and need to get out of it! I haven't been off plan unless it was my scheduled reward meal...but just really in a funk about the realization of how slow this process is....and I knew this as I have regained and lost so many times....I know why I stopped and I really don't want too just in a funk!!!!
  • Stepped on the scale this morning..239! I have been floating 243-245 for way too long.

Callanetics sounds cool. A few of my coworkers do some sort of barre workout class. Wonder if it is similar?
  • Welcome Firecraker!

How is everyone today!

I really had some NSV's this week and realized even if this process is slow for me it is worth it and I am worth it! Makes me feel better!