Getting out of 220's and 230's!

You're on Page 27 of 34
Go to
  • Yay more people!!! Welcome TwoWoofers, Dee, and Diane!!!

Bama great job on yoga!!!

Laurie...okay have you lost 20 pounds in amonth???? I wanna know your secret...LOL

Jessica...your doing great!

Well Sunday we went to the River and today a water park.....I also starting day one of week 2 of the c25k..and man that kicked my booty!!!! I didn't weigh as I do not coming off a reward day
  • I love yoga, Bama!

Laurie's secret is that she's awesome.

Glad you have great visit to the water park, Jen.
  • whoo hooo, down to 224.1 that 6lbs this month i have such a huge grin on my face.

hope everyone has an awesome day

(I started on the 14th of July)
  • 220.6. <Deep, sad, long sigh> Just clinging to plan for dear life. I had a similar stickiness at 230, and even though this one is psychologically challenging, I know I just need to hang on and wait for the scale to finally drop.

Bama - Hooray for the yoga! I love yoga, even if I seldom make time to do it.

Jen - C25K. Such a great program. I actually think I'm going to break down and buy a knee brace so that I can do it more consistently. And no on the 20 pounds. I have lost 19 pounds, and I can't get that stupid 20th pound to go anywhere! I don't actually have a secret. It's just reduced calories, high water intake, try to move more during the day (standing desk, go to the printer every time I print something instead of wait and gather it all up at once, etc.), and put in quality work-outs. Plus, it's my first month. No other month will look like this, but I am grateful to have it!

Jessica - I need to hire you for PR! I don't even mind that the information you give isn't technically accurate. ;-) I really hope you had better scale results this morning than I did. One of us has to break through that floor!

Papercut - Congrats on the loss and welcome!
  • Took a peek at the scale today. It was up from yesterday, but I overindulged last night, so I shouldn't be surprised. At least it didn't go back above 240.

Bama: Good for you on the yoga! It is amazing to me that it can be so tough!A couple of weeks ago, I got back to doing a "Body Flow" class at the gym. It is yoga/pilates/tai chi mixed into one class. It is so different than anything else I do, and it is so challenging.

Papercut: Awesome!!
  • My weight keeps bouncing between 230 and 233 which is driving me nuts, but I guess I should just be glad I am where I am. I weighed at the gym last night after yoga and was 238! Ugh! But this morning, on my scale I'm back to 230 even. So, here's to hoping I break that invisible 229 barrier soon!
  • BamaGal - Your post sounds like this information may be helpful, so I'm sharing. If it's not, I apologize for misreading. Please keep in mind that the information is gleaned from the boards and my own experience, and I am not making any representation as to its accuracy. (Sorry - I work in the legal world, so I do a lot of disclaimers.)

Your weight will vary between scales, and will vary as much as 5-10 pounds in a day. One of the best things I ever did to reduce my scale craziness was to weigh every time I went to the bathroom or walked past the scale on a day when I was at home. You would not believe the variances in the scale until you see it yourself. The best way to gauge your weight loss is to weigh once a day, first thing in the morning, after you pee, naked. Then, watch the trends rather than fixate on the day-to-day number. (Clearly, this is something that I struggle to do.)

Yoga is still way cool. Glad you went.
  • Congrats on the monthly loss, Papercut!

In addition to what Laurie said, Bama you may find that your body will always weigh-in slightly higher after a workout as well. It depends on your bodies trends, of course.

Which I think is a good point all around - watch for trends. It's how I know that Tuesday's weight will almost always be higher than that of Monday.

First, Laurie, it is technically accurate! YOU ARE AWESOME. Secondly, (sigh) I did not have better luck with the scale than you did.

I keeping my 220.0 lb mark for today's weigh in, but I also saw several other variations of 220.x lbs and as high as 221.6 lbs. I did not see any 219.x weights. It made me sad. There are a lot of things that likely contributed to it, though, not the least of which is my body's stupid desire to rebound my weight every Tuesday. Also taped today and the sting of the scale was only mildly softened by a waist measurement of 38.5".
  • I'm at 238 I think, but I'm really encouraged by how well everyone is doing. We'll be out of here in no time!
  • I'm ready for my 20 days to be up so I can have a ticker! LOL I want to SEE my weight loss! I'm SO craving a binge tonight- which is really irritating. LOL I'm had a single serving of chips just because I was spazzing and thought maybe it would curb the desire. I'm still under my calories for the day, even with the chips, so I won't beat myself up over it. I'm guzzling water now in an effort to avoid a sodium based gain tomorrow.

I love you ladies!
  • hi all

had a big whooosh down to 222.8, finally. i have been wondering what i was doing wrong but finally my stubborn fat is starting to get the hint lol

hope everbody has an awesome day
  • Good morning, all!! I'm helping with my school's big registration drive today representing the nursing program. Lemme tell you... I'd SO rather be asleep! I'm not a morning person at the best of times... During my "summer" it's WAY amplified. I need to get over that, though, because I KNOW I'd feel better if I could drag my butt out of bed for a morning workout. Hope everyone has a spectacular day!

Nice whoosh, papercut!!
  • 219.4! Stepping on the scale is usually motivation to get me out of bed. This morning, I fought and fought before I finally got up and weighed. And the first thing I felt was relief.

I am going to hope that it sticks. It should, because I patiently waited a long time for it. But the scale doesn't always work like it's supposed to.

Papercut - Yippee for patiently-awaited losses.

BamaGal - I do the chips kinda thing all the time. As long as it's in my calories and doesn't lead to binges, I don't worry about it.

Jessica - My fingers are crossed for you! If my scale finally gave it up, I have faith that yours will too.
  • Down 2 more pounds! Yahoo!!! The pounds are getting a lot tougher now. I am 3 pounds away from having lost half of my total body weight. So yes lauriemy total weight loss is now 232 pounds with 58 pounds to go. Thank you for your encouragement and welcome.

Dee
  • Oh hello!! I'm 233, would love to get down to 200 by the end of the year. I've gained 60 pounds in the last 2 years and it sucks