How to create a ticker???

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've looked through everything and I can't find how to create a ticker for weight loss??? Any help would be appreciated
  • Ruby - you have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts before you can get a ticker. The option will be there when you hit both of those.
  • Thank you so much.......:so much
  • Quote: Thank you so much.......:so much
    There is no other way to get a ticker except thru the 20 post / 20 day rule?
  • Quote: There is no other way to get a ticker except thru the 20 post / 20 day rule?
    Not that I know of - just be patient, you'll get there!
  • And that rule is in place for a reason. You also must wait until then to be able to PM people. We have been inflicted with spammers and made those rules.
    There is a way around that but folks who do it do not last long and their posts will be edited by Admin - that's me. (I'm a tough old broad!)
  • Quote: Ruby - you have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts before you can get a ticker. The option will be there when you hit both of those.
    Hi RuthAnn, Where will the option be?? I have 20 days and 20 posts. Thanks
  • Alas, vBulletin counts without mercy. It notes that your registration happened some time on March 11 - so at that time on March 31 (and it can take up to 60 minutes to notice) you will see [Edit Signature] under Control Panel.

Almost there.
  • If you go to the "User CP" at the top left and click on it, it should be there where you can access your profile info etc.

PS - just saw Bill's post - just keep checking throughout the day and it will magically appear!!
  • I'm on post 20, hope it shows up!
  • Got it
  • Quote: Got it
    Yay!
  • Quote: And that rule is in place for a reason. You also must wait until then to be able to PM people. We have been inflicted with spammers and made those rules.
    There is a way around that but folks who do it do not last long and their posts will be edited by Admin - that's me. (I'm a tough old broad!)
    Is it a new rule? Because my first time around I created one right away... when I came back to modify it, I couldn't so I ended up deleting it! I'm at my 20th post so it's fine but I was curious :-) thanks!
  • Quote: Is it a new rule? Because my first time around I created one right away... when I came back to modify it, I couldn't so I ended up deleting it! I'm at my 20th post so it's fine but I was curious :-) thanks!
    Not sure when it started, but I started in Feb 2013 and it was a rule then! I think it had to do with people "spamming" the site by signing up and then posting ads or hijacking threads. So now you have to stick around and participate for awhile before they let you get a ticker, receive Private Messages, etc.

The other upside is it encourages new people to post so the board stays interactive and so they get involved right away and see how beneficial community support can be for weight loss!
  • It was a rule when I started Aug 2012