What do you do when you're sick?

• Okay so my doctor and I recently had a talk about another client who ended up gaining a pound because she was using cough medicine and cough drops. We talked about all the sugar in medicine and I figured I should be good I'm past the sick season... well guess what I feel like crap, stuffy head cold, sore throat, UG! So what do you do when your sick how do you stay OP?
  • There are cough drops/meds for diabetics w/o sugar. Check with the pharmacist and they can suggest what to use.
  • There are existing threads with this topic that can provide answers

I make chicken/vegetable soup
    Gargle with salt water
    Drink hot tea with lemon
    And use Alka selzer cold gel caps
  • Ahhh I didn't even think of that thank you!!!
  • I will search the other threads.
  • Can't you just use the stuff in pill form? I currently am sick...that's what I'm using. Daytime cold/flu medicine in pill form.
  • Ya I could, but I swear if I have to swallow more pills I will be sick. I had already planned on making some chicken soup. I will look for diabetic cough drops...
  • Lots and lots of hot herbal decaf tea. That is how I made it through. I didn't do any cough drops or meds. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
  • Can I use splenda in my tea? Or truvia? I messaged my coach but he hasn't gotten back to me, I love hot mint tea, but I like it sweetened.
  • Quote: Can I use splenda in my tea? Or truvia? I messaged my coach but he hasn't gotten back to me, I love hot mint tea, but I like it sweetened.
    Both of those are approved sweeteners