Lent - Resisting temptation

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Gave up bread, potatoes, rice, pasta (minus Shirataki pasta) which I have but have not eaten.

I slipped up and ate two hot dog buns one week and two rolls weekend before last.

I have made the oopsie rolls to get me through.
  • 17 days until Easter. I'm still working on staying strong. Hubby and I went out of town for a few days, which did not help me. Started eating a few carbs again, but felt so bad physically. Now I'm back to eating only fruits, veggies, protein and allowing oatmeal. I'm sorry to say that I've done a pathetic job at being perfect for Lent this year. But I keep trying. On a good note, friends and I went out for a walk yesterday. After the walk, they stopped for donuts. I didn't eat anything. Good for me!

Dee, thank you for telling us about your Alaskan adventures. It sounds very beautiful. Let's keep staying strong together.

Love2be150, congratulations on your weight loss and strength! Keep it up the great work.

Shannon, good going on giving up sugary drinks. Best of luck to you!
  • I haven't been so good on the cheese. I'm still at far less than I was eating, but I've failed rather epically at the "Giving up"

Still good on Facebook & foul language.
  • Still 100% on cheese, 100% on alcohol.

Gluttony- I dunno. I still struggle with the definition. Is eating until I'm full gluttony? Because if so, I'm failing big time. I am avoiding things that feel gluttonous like dessert and stuff because obviously my body doesn't need that. This is a good lesson for next year- I am clearly a black & white personality and I need to give myself very clear definitions. So maybe next year, instead of "gluttony" I will pledge to eat only nutritious food and no junk for all of lent. That would be much easier for me to assess.
  • Jane and Dee, let's not be so hard on ourselves. We keep trying to be perfect during this Lenten period. But I think Our Lord is happy we're trying to change our bad habits and better ourselves. Let's continue to try to improve. I'm so glad we're doing this together.
  • 16 days until Easter!

Still working hard at it. No bread or high carbs, motivated to exercise again. Thank you, Lord.
  • 15 days until Easter. Found my strength these last few days. Thank you, Lord.
  • Tyla, nice! Glad you found your strength!

I'm doing good on exercise, still no cheese or alcohol. Had a decadent dinner tonight as a date night with the DH which I feel a little guilty about. I'll try to keep my diet spartan tomorrow to make up for it.
  • Dee, you're doing a great job! And having a date night with hubby is important, too!

Saturday wasn't perfect for me, either. But I got right back on the horse Sunday and today. I exercised all three days, though.

Let's stay strong together. We can do this.
  • Only 12 days until Easter. Resisting temptation and have been sticking to my plan and exercising. Feeling so much better for it.
  • 11 days until Easter! Can you believe it?!

I did well today. I had 1369 cals and exercised for 65 minutes. Thank you, Lord, for giving me motivation and strength.
  • Can't believe it's so close. Drastically cut back my cheese again. Still good on everything else.
  • Jane, I didn't realize how much weight you've lost. Amazing!! Awesome!! Keep up the great work!

10 days until Easter. Had to take my car in for servicing. So that means I'm home alone with temptations surrounding me. Please give me strength, Lord.
  • Today is 9 days until Easter. The days are flying by so quickly.

I ended up doing pretty well yesterday (1600 cals, more than I hoped - all natural foods, however) No bread, no dressing on salad. Exercised 40 minutes. Today I'm definitely having less cals! Today's calorie count was 1374.

Good luck to everyone! TGIF!!
  • 2 more days until Easter! I hope everyone has a great Easter! Let's keep staying strong.