6 years later and still Marching 4th!

• Hey guys, I haven't really posted in a long time so most of you will probably not remember me. I just wanted to pop in and give you all a quick update since it is my 6th anniversary of my lifestyle changes.

Six years ago today I weighed 333 pounds, smoked like a factory and drank like a fish...that day, for some wonderful reason the light bulb went on, and I decided I couldn't take another minute of it. I quite smoking, drinking and began losing weight. Today I am happy to say that I am still smoke free, sober, and a "normal" weight. I've had my ups and downs and last year with a great deal of stress I did diet my way up to a weight I was very unhappy with. I managed to get my head back in the game and lost half of it. still working on the other half! I'm confident I'll be back to my goal range by the time summer hits. I'm very motivated to be my goal weight once my 5 years maintenance anniversary hits on July 3rd!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I'm still among the living, and still Marching forth.
  • LoriBell congratluations on a great job.
  • Lori,
    That is an amazing story! Congratulations! What an inspiration you are!
  • There is no way I'd forget you. I hoped you'd check in today!

You are one of the memorable women around here, and I'm sorry to hear you've been coping with lots of stress. I hope you are okay, like, in other ways, I don't mean scale weight?

And good on you for fighting back. It's wearisome work sometimes.
  • Lori Bell, So good to hear that you're thriving.

You've been one of the winners of 3FC that have made me want to hang around.
  • Hi Lori! It's good to see your sweet (slender!) face. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well
  • Just great to see you, Lori! Please call in more often if you've got time.
  • Congrats Lori! Of course we remember you!
  • Quote: Lori Bell, So good to hear that you're thriving.

You've been one of the winners of 3FC that have made me want to hang around.
    Me too. Lori Bell!

Dagmar
  • You're a long-term inspiration around here, love hearing about your continued success! Congratulations!
  • Lori Bell, it is so good to see this post. You have been an inspiration to me. You are one of the people who make me believe that it is possible to lose a large amount of weight and maintain it.

Keep marching!!
  • I was thinking about you the other day!

I'm another one who considers you and inspiration.

Plus, another Nebraska girl!
  • Hi Lori,
    I too remember you, and am rooting for you to lose the rest of the regain. But in my eyes, if you keep even 10 pounds off, you're winning the battle. Glad to hear you're not letting the stress get the best of you.
  • You can do it Lori! One day at a time, One step at a time, each habit builds upon the next.