#Plateau Kicking Camp# Because it happens several times in your diet!

• Plateaus are one of the dieter's worst nightmares! They have defeated me in my previous diets. Thinking about it, I never quit a diet when the loss was constant. I always gave up when I got desperately stuck.

Even if the "getting out of the ..." threads are great, it is a little frustrating to see you're stuck when people are coming and leaving.

Seems like I'm heading towards a steadfast and horrible one and I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a thread specifically for all plateauers, chronic as well as temporary plateauers. Open for all dieters (weight, age, diet, gender, etc)

It is meant for sharing experiences as well as give/receive support, encouragement and tips as you're cruising through those arid desert days.
  • Thirty4, great thread. I am only down 11lbs Which was 13.2 about 3 weeks ago. The gains have been small. I didnt think I could hit a platau so early but if it is not my fault that Im not lossing these last few weeks then its the dreaded platau! Hopefully this week will be a loss.
  • Quote: Thirty4, great thread. I am only down 11lbs Which was 13.2 about 3 weeks ago. The gains have been small. I didnt think I could hit a platau so early but if it is not my fault that Im not lossing these last few weeks then its the dreaded platau! Hopefully this week will be a loss.
    I feel you on that one right! Hope you'll start losing again. Are you planning to do anything differently to break the plateau?
  • I really need to get back to exersizing. I used to be so active and since starting a new job then this frigid winter its gone right out the window. The only other time I have not been active was when I had orthopedic surgery and was ordered not to by my DR. Also....stay on points with my weight watchers...Ive been a cheater! yup...big fat cheater here!
    Natalie
  • What about you? Are you doing anything that should help break the stall?
  • Busted out of the 220's this morning with a 3 lb loss! Yippy!
  • Go npotyonek!!!
    Congratulations. Mine came down too. I just made sure I walked as much as possible y'day and today I lost a few grams.
  • I started my diet in January and I lost a pound per week or more – but it took me three weeks to lose the last pound.

I sleep enough; I never step on a scale when I’m on my period or the day after severe workout, I have a great new scale I bought in January and liked it until now, I don’t have any metabolic disorders and I try to stay away from artificial sweetness. These are my reasons I found that could contribute to being stuck at the edge of the 190's:
    - It is true, that I fall of the wagon here and there - maybe every two weeks for a day, but always pick myself up and start a healthy day next morning and until now it didn't affect my weight loss in any noticeable way.
    - Some days, maybe one or two times per week, I eat 1500 calories instead of 1200 and still call it ok.
    - I don’t have a regular workout schedule. Some weeks I workout 1 time per week and some weeks 4 times.

I know none of them are probably the reason why I’m stuck, but I’m losing my patience a little here. It is true, what thirti4thirty said – the plateau is the most common time to get off the diet and I'm really afraid what will happen to my motivation if this goes on. I lost 13lbs already and I feel much better, but I’m not ready to quit - I’m not even out of obesity yet!
  • I have lost a total of about 40 pounds in the last year and I still have 35 to go. I am currently stuck at 155 and I've been here for over a month. I had some slip ups but I have also been working out to counter act them. I'm not really sure what I should do to get through this plateau.

So far my idea is to stop snacking at night (which I am used to because my Bf works second shift and when he comes home he eats dinner and then I want to eat) and also I have been planning to get on a more consistent schedule (I'm self-employed so it has just been crazy)...