171#s lost, 8 years, I am in Twoterville

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I weighed in at 299.4 today. It has taken me 8 years to get here. 171 pounds lost. I know that a lot of people are trying to get out of Twoterville, I am so grateful to be in it.

It has taken a ton of work: therapy, education, rearranging my house and life to better support myself, tears, forgiveness. letting go of anger and hate... The list is really long

Losing weight for me has been an act of self love. Loving myself enough to lose the weight has been a much greater gift than the weight loss. But losing the weight is AWESOME!!!!!
  • Congratulations!!! This post made my heart smile, I could feel your joy when reading your post. And you are right, loving ourselves is a gift!
  • Your post was very emotional for me.
    I am so happy for you!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! You have done an incredible job!!!!!!!!!
  • Congrats to you, amazing job
  • I admire your perseverance. Very few people can actually do that! It appears you've been shedding the weight both physically and emotionally. Really congrats for that. You're an inspiration. Keep it up. It will take the time it will take but I can't wait to welcome you again in onederland.
  • Well done. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Fantastic... both the weight loss and your attitude! Congratulations!!!
  • Congratulations; that's wonderful!
  • Oh to you! I am so amazed by you and what you have done! and LOOK what you have done. You ARE an amazing woman! Thank you for sharing your awesome victory with us!
  • Excellent efforts!!
  • Congrats!
  • Thanks to all of you for your well wishes. It has and continues to be an amazing journey.

My avatar is my "promise dress". It is a size medium. I have promised myself to wear it some day in the future. It hangs on the back of my closet door. I look at it every day. Sometimes I even smile.

A special thanks to Mester for your memorial to lessofsarahtolove Sarah was an integral part of my journey. For nearly a year, my oncologist thought I had lymphoma. Sara and I were in constant contact by phone and email. This was when she was relatively healthy and before she relapsed for the last time. She was truly a bright light!!!! RIP Sarah and kind thoughts to your loving partner.

Dee
  • Congrats! that is awesome!
  • Congratulations!!!!!!! I cannot wait until I join you!