Marching into Spring - March 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 7 of 11
Go to
  • Hey Rennie....have you ever heard that carrots aren't all that great for you? something about sugar or turning to sugar? Who knew!
  • I got on the scale this morning and weighed in at 235.6lbs. That means that I am 50lbs down from my highest weight!!!! I'm a third of the way to my goal weight!
  • jodoto no I haven't heard that or never paid attention because I don't like them but if they turn into sugar almost like a bread then I don't need them period. I'd much rather eat the bread

ushotmedown, on the scale What kind did you get? And on 50lbs GONE what a great victory

I am down .4 to 164.4 a new low. I so want to see 163 it's a burning desire. I've got to stay OP to do it. It would so nice to have a great whoosh but I haven't had one of those in forever. So wishful thinking one can hope
  • My calories today were 1885 and my carbs were 87 ... much higher than yesterday, smh. I got to the gym earlier and burned 270.4 calories on the treadmill so maybe that will help some

oh I made the oopsie bread, not bad but does taste better if you eat it with something (I used it a taco shell )
  • 220 for me today! Happy Weekend, everybody! See you Lighter!
  • jodoto, nice losses for the month

I am up .2 to 164.6 calories a little lower today but carbs a higher
  • Okay, I've survived one week with a puppy, hurray! My weight was up and down, but thankfully I'm back down at the moment. I've lost about 4lbs so far for March. I hope you are all having a great week, I hope to check in a bit more often this week.
  • Angie good for you on surviving week one with the puppy, like the two puddles of pee comment that was cute Nice loses for the month . I haven't lost a thing. As usual I do good and then mess up. My Mom and some other family members did have good comments about my weight yesterday so I felt really good about.

Kukkie I made the one minute muffin. I made a cinnamon one and an almond flavored one. They both smell good but they are quite bland in taste. I googled how to make them better and found that toasting them is a plus and then I made some sweet cream cheese icing with splenda and cream cheese. Not great but not as bland. I need to put it all in MFP and see how many calories one of these things are

I am up .8 to 165.4
  • I'm really uneasy about getting back on the scale tomorrow . . . .

I've been away for the last ten days (in Italy ) and everything you've heard about Italian food . . . well, it's all true.

It was soooooooooo good.

But I know for a fact that I gained some weight. But back in North America, back on the diet!
  • WahineByTheSea, back I'd get on the scale tonight just because, then you know tomorrow morning will be lower Hopefully it will be better than you think
  • I lost 1.4lbs since yesterday. I did up my exercise though so that could be why.

Keep doing great everyone!
  • Good morning everyone

Yay, managed to get away from this weird up I had. Down 1.6 to 196.7. We move next week. I can't wait to start working out again. I'm find I'm so damn tired all the time. And I know part of it is because Peanut still isn't sleeping well. Seems like he's got a mouth full of teeth coming in, argh, but I think a bigger reason is that I'm just not working out the way I used to, which in turn means I'm not eating as well either. This week is going to be hard with food, we're trying to finish out what's in our fridge and cupboards so we're not transporting lots of food next week, but that means a good chunk of it's going to be processed stuff. Soo, I've determined that my goal for this week is to make sure I get a full 2L of water in everyday.
  • HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

ushotmedown 1.4 down way to go

Kukkie 1.6 down way to go Do you record your meals any where? If you do add up the processed things on there to see how you can spread the nutrients out (just a thought and if time allows of course) But good job and I do think that moving will get some of the water weight gone. And Peanut may be cutting a few teeth at the same time which would be better for both of you

I have gained 2.4lbs of water in 3 days. Weigh in this morning 167 even. I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes. As of today I have 7lbs to lose by my birthday next month Now that will take a miracle. I have also decided that I will fast every Tuesday from dinner to dinner. I will try with green tea and water, but if I don't feel right I may have to drink some broth to keep my blood sugar in check.
  • Rennie truly? I haven't been recording what I eat anywhere. It is on my list of things that I need to do when I get settled into new place. As glad as I am to be back at work, it's been really hard to find a routine because of the move. I'm just waiting for the end of next week to come around and then we can finally settle into a routine that should be good for all of us!
  • Kukkie I understand