300+ Chat Thread: February, 2014

You're on Page 4 of 19
Go to
  • Just a quick checkin so we had a sotrm morning no work but instead of going back to sleep I put on beans to boil and made something that approximates Chilli it'll do... having meals ready made makes it a little easier to say no to junk so... I put this in the winn column.
  • BloomingKiki - You need more sleep

vwdeano - I went to weekly weighing also when I found myself weighing several times a day. Love that Hazelnut coffee from my Keurig machine.

Ubee - I get busy and away from my computer and can't check in. It is great to know that people care enough to be concerned. Thank You!! I slowley increased my tolerance to hot foods and now I use a hot sauce that they will not sell to me unless I sign a waiver og liability. Love hot spice.

silentarctic - Your vegetarian chilli sounds good, I may have to make some now.

edoetsch1 - You have been doing great, keep it up.

Terra1984 - I can assure you that the Philly Cheese Chicken sandwich was just as good if not better than the traditional beef is.

SamIAm86 - I used to have an electric wok when I lived in Hawaii, They are a great utensil for healthy cooking. You brought back memories, I may have to get one again.

Fiona W - I hope your sadness diminishes soon. We all care about you.

merstopher - Procrastination seems to go hand in hand with our "OTHER" problem. I lived that life for too long. I like it better today.

time4me2change - "people are being whiny and expect me to solve their problem" You made me smile with that one. Been there, done that

85 degrees and Sunny here in God's Waiting Room, some call it Florida.
    I am adjusting and learning about Volumetrics. Yesterday my calories were too low but my meal was so large that I could not eat more. I will adjust and get a balance eventually.
  • Glad to see so many here have a good sense of humor...

I supervise several employees, and am ever amazed by how "just one little question" usually involves me making all the decisions. I'm afraid I eat the stress quite a few days, and that hasn't helped in the weight loss.

Love the hot stuff myself, and it loves me, except for a brief time the NEXT day, LOL.

Not exactly as warm as 85 here in TN. Cold front coming in, so its dreary looking, windy and chilly.

Dean
  • Hello everyone!

I'm still some what of a newbie to this website. Today marks day 4 of my diet. I've been on herbalife, and I can honestly say that I feel wonderful. I haven't been this active/happy in a very long time. Today after a whole lot of cleaning, decided I wanted to try a 20 min Biggest Loser work out DVD that my sister had purchased for me...(last month) LOL Even though I was breathless, I didn't give up. I started on level 1, but theres 5 or 6 other levels. So yayyy! I'm proud of my self. One day at a time, I keep telling my self. But today has been so wonderful. Shoot..I've been so happy I was enjoying my self while I shoveled snow.. Now thats SAYING some thing. LOL
  • Starting the day. Coffee's brewing! Loooove that smell.

In reading most of the posts, it occurs to me how much attitude means. I have to keep telling myself how blessed I truly am, even when the temptations come along and even after I've given in to them. That helps get back "on the horse".

Have a great day!
  • Quick check in...it's poker night! Which has me super stoked!

Also I am feeling more in control of my hunger and this semester has me busier which means eating less at school....

back on track and loving it
  • Morning All!

Last night was the first night I hadn't posted at least once a day ::shriek::!! I honestly forgot to LOL!! After I got home I had dinner and DH went to go write music with one of his band mates for the night and I went to my friend's house across the hall. I was there for most of the evening so when I got back to my apartment I was tired so I just layed in bed. Needless to say I couldn't sleep because DH wasn't home. I am a HUGE worrier! It is a nice gesture to care and worry for people, but I take it to the extreme and that's one thing I don't like about myself and I probably will never be able to change it. DH got in a car accident several years ago and he was so badly hurt that ever since then if he has left the house and isn't home when he should be I start to worry and frantically call him to make sure he is ok. I know it's hard on him for me to do that, but he understands and wishes I wouldn't worry so bad.

I stayed POP all day yesterday and today so far so good. I got curious and snuck on the scale last night just to see if I had lost any of the 4 lbs I had gained last week. It was in the evening so I suspect I may have lost more than what it said, but so far I'm down 2 lbs of the 4 that I need to lose to get back to where I was. So yay for small victories!! I have also been noticing not only my closer are getting looser, but my thighs don't seen to be rubbing against eachother as bad as they were before. I can attest I have been doing a TON of exercises for legs so it's nice to see that the hard work is already starting to show, even if it's only a little bit. I actually was going to do yoga and abs last night but the previous night's workout of yoga and legs left me winded so I decided to skip last night and will do that tonight.

I won't do personals this morning since I need to get back to work, but I will post later tonight. Looks like everyone is doing great and that makes me so happy!! Hope everyone has a POP day and I'll see ya soon!! <3
  • Good Morning!
    Went back to bed this morning and I feel better.
    Sam I am a great worrier also, due to too many accidents/deaths. I found that if your body is low on magnesium it can cause anxiety. I take it as a supplement before bed. It helps me to sleep and I no longer have such strong anxiety. If anyone does start taking magnesium start with a low dose since too much at first can act as a laxative.
    Melissa glad you are back on track!
    Dean I agree attitude is huge! That is why I come here every day. This place is so helpful. I sure could have used this support decades ago. Having people who get being 300+ is a life saver!
    Cutsie so happy your mojo is strong and you are sharing it with us! I always hated shoveling snow now I am just amazed I can do it again.
    Larry are you finding volumetrics satisfying flavor wise? LOVE how Florida is Gods Waiting Room!
    Silent stay warm and planning is a huge win. WTG!
    Kiki my sister always used to complain if the house wasn't perfect. What is that about? Who cares if she throws a fit? (I know easier said then done.) Next time she says anything remind her that you have a mom and she is with you in spirit and you do not wish to have another because she was the best. Gently remind her she is your sister and an equal. You are free to live as you please. Whoops sorry that hit a nerve with me. Good luck!
    Fi
    Hmmm. This place sure is missing a few people.
    How is everyone doing?
  • WHOA! Kiki is Cutsie your neat freak sister?
    If so I may need to change my post above!
  • Ubee: LOL thanks. And no, I'm not her monster neat freak sister. She's my "soul sister" We've been best friends for 12 years (grew up in the same small Texas country town)
  • I'm miserable. Still over the same thing (I know it's boring)—the sudden break-up of my friendship with Robine. Last night I acted out with food: I ate a bunch of muesli. Sugar-free, but still, a lot of carbs. This morning I feel like I'll never be hungry again. And like I'll never be happy again.

I'm always like this with grief: it hits me like a ton o' bricks, and the acutely painful phase takes a long time to pass. And there are fluctuations, of course, in how bad it is. But it's a process, and it will move on, and even now I can tell my emotions are progressing in a healthy way. I just wish I didn't feel so busted up: she broke my heart!!
  • @ SamIAm86: Omg, I have the same issue. I over worry! Mostly about my sister. When ever she goes out alone, I dread the worst things will happen. The weird thing is, she's never been in an accident. I generally just..worry alot. I don't know why that is though. I'll play like..weird scenerios in my head. x-x They haven't happened, thank God for that but still, I don't know why I'm like that.

Also congrats on losing 2 lbs! Woot! Hey you're half way there! Best of luck to you, and I hope you get back to where you were soon. Hugs, stay warm!
  • Sorry guys, have some stuff going on in my life that is dragging me down a little. So might not do personals for a while or have much 'interesting' to share. I'm basically just struggling to go through the motions and doing my best to not gain weight. I am not super jazzed at the moment about weight loss or life in general. It'll pass it's situational.
  • Quote: Larry are you finding volumetrics satisfying flavor wise? LOVE how Florida is Gods Waiting Room!
    Ubee - Volumetrics meals are as flavorful as regular meals.

I love comfort foods and an example of the ingredients used in Volumetrics "OLD WORLD GOULASH" recipe is: 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 pound well trimmed beef round roast cut into 1 inch pieces, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 cup chopped onions, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 2 cups sliced mushrooms,1 cup non fat reduced sodium beef broth, 2 cups peeled diced boiling potatoes, 2 cups peeled thinly sliced carrots, 1 cup sliced celery, 12 oz trimmed green beans cut into 1 inch lengths, 2 tbsp paprika, 1/2 tsp thyme, 2 tbsp corn starch, 2 tbsp dry red wine (I don't use the wine). It makes 4 whopping servings of 2 1/2 cups each. Can you see that this has a lot of flavor? 2 1/2 cups has 335 calories, energy density (I like to call it calorie density) is 0.60, carbs 32, fat 11g, protein 30g, fiber 10g.

1/2 cup of the traditional recipe has 220 calories. Would you rather eat 3/4 cup or 2 1/2 cups? Both have the same calories.

What makes this a Volumetric recipe is: It uses less oil, the sour cream is omitted, Used lean beef and used twice as many vegetable
  • Good Evening!
    Geez Larry now I have to make goulash! Does it come with more recipes? Thanks for informing me. I will have to look into it. I am always looking for new ways to be successful and I can adapt it to fit our family WOE.
    Fi and Silent Thanks for letting us know. I will say prayers and send positive vibes your way.
    Cutsie and Kiki you two had me scared for a minute. I did not want to start a family fued.
    I have a NSV to report...the last few days have been stressfull with different things happening. Back in the day this would have led to a total pig out. Now I look for solutions and try to figure things out. NO OVEREATING! I didn't even realize it until hours later and I had found a way to start dealing with things as best I can. I just have to say this feels very strange and weird.
    Thanks for being here. Good night.