Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 10 of 24
Go to
  • Quote: So awesome KookySuki! Congrats on getting to Onederland! I hope you stay there forever!
    Thank you! I will do everything I can to stay below 200 and hopefully maintain at my goal weight.
  • Here's a good quote for those of us who are closet eaters:

What you eat in private you wear in public.
  • Good Morning!

Steph- I like that quote- definitely applies to my old bad habits.

My quote is: "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale
  • So I had a big WI this morning and I have lost 51.4 pounds in total. I have been nervous about the 50lbs, probably because I told myself at the beginning that it would never happen, but somewhere along the way I realized I CAN do this. It is an amazing feeling, only 35ish pounds to go!!! Thanks for all the support along the way, couldn't have done it without you guys!!!

My motivational quote for today: Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in has left you.
  • want2bskinnyagain-way to go!!! excellent!!! that is alot of weight you lost. you should be very proud of yourself! You can do it!!
  • Hurray Want2be! You must be so proud and grinning ear to ear . Not only CAN you do this, you are doing it!
  • Made a new dressing tonight, garlic olive oil, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard and a little low sodium soy. Just need something a bit savory on my chicken and arugula.
  • No school again tomorrow. Mother Nature is sure ticked at someone, Snow day!
  • want2bskinnyagain- That's great news! Congratulations on your hard work and amazing success! You're getting close to your goal!
  • Quote: Made a new dressing tonight, garlic olive oil, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard and a little low sodium soy. Just need something a bit savory on my chicken and arugula.
    Yum! I made baked cod with olive oil, Trader Joes 21 Seasoning Salute, and some garlic/parsley/sea salt seasoning and a mixed greens salad. It's pretty gross (edited). All I cared about tonight was staying OP, eating something healthy, and decompressing from work. Tough and frustrating day, but I'm not going to eat my frustrations. Just need to relax and try to enjoy the evening.

I'm jealous of your time off!
  • Sorry that your day was frustrating . Good job staying OP and cooking a new dish. Hope you find some peace and relaxation.

The days off make teaching very difficult. There is no continuity and the kids are in vacation mode. We will have tomorrow off, school Friday, off Mon. for Pesident's Day, Prof. Dev. For teachers on Tuesday and then only 3 days left for kids to learn! Ugh. Also, I will be in School until late in June with no AC.

I am so tired from being up late watching the Olympics. Love them
  • Quote: Sorry that your day was frustrating . Good job staying OP and cooking a new dish. Hope you find some peace and relaxation.

The days off make teaching very difficult. There is no continuity and the kids are in vacation mode. We will have tomorrow off, school Friday, off Mon. for Pesident's Day, Prof. Dev. For teachers on Tuesday and then only 3 days left for kids to learn! Ugh. Also, I will be in School until late in June with no AC.

I'm sorry it makes your job more difficult. Hopefully the huge storms will stop where you live. Have a good night and enjoy the Olympics!
  • Quote: Sorry that your day was frustrating . Good job staying OP and cooking a new dish. Hope you find some peace and relaxation.

We've used 7 snow days. Students have actually missed 8 but staff were required to come one of the "too cold" days. We had 6 "built in" to the schedule for additional student attendance days. Kids are now coming this Friday, which was supposed to be PD. If there is any more inclement weather, there will be no Parent/Teacher conferences during the school day & staff will be required to work evenings and those will be student attendance days instead. Plus, they'll have to add days in June. Luckily, so far, they have ways to finagle so we still will be out by May 30 (we started Aug 6 & students started Aug 12).

We also have a "spring recess" day (Good Friday), which they could conceivably cancel so I won't plan on it until I know it is "for sure".

They thought about having us work President's day but changed their minds after announcing we'd have school. Unsure what stopped that.

Since I travel to see students at various sites, I have one student I saw today for the first time in 2 weeks!
  • image.jpg

• image.jpg