What won't you miss

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I was thinking to my self today... what won't I miss when I reach my goal.

1. "You have such a pretty face.... pause...... and that's what you have good going for you" * said by many a people in my life*
  • Christmas watching my sister get a bunch of cute clothes and I get basically fashionable muumuus.

Going shoe shopping for boots and realizing that wide calf is made for someone with smaller calves than me.

Wearing sweatshirts all the time because they cover the muffin top because someone refused to go up another size in jeans.
  • Always covering up my arms with a cardigan, even in the summer!
  • Quote: 1. "You have such a pretty face.... pause...... and that's what you have good going for you" * said by many a people in my life*
    ^ word.. definitely not going to miss that line I get to hear often!!!

and am totally not going to miss cropping pics I put up online.. no more face shots!!!!
  • Quote: Going shoe shopping for boots and realizing that wide calf is made for someone with smaller calves than me.
    Amen! It's depressing when you don't fit into the plus-sized boots.
  • I won't miss having clothes from every size under the sun in my closet because I have yo-yo'd for so long.
  • I definitely don't miss being bloated and gassy! That is a disgusting feeling.

I don't miss being disappointed when trying on clothes or being embarrassed to ask the sales person for a larger size. (I went shopping at Banana Republic before I started IP and wanted to cry because the largest size (14's) in the Petite section were too tight. I knew then that I had to do something!)

I don't miss spending a lot of my extra money on eating out. It's nice to look at my credit card statement and not seeing restaurant after restaurant listed on it. We still eat out at a steak house here and there for a treat but maybe once a week tops. Those charges have been replaced with IP product but that is temporary.
  • The painful friction of thighs rubbing together on a hot summer day!
  • Quote: The painful friction of thighs rubbing together on a hot summer day!
    OMG this!!!

I won't miss being told I look like my Aunt who passed away at 40 due to heart disease and diabetes. Don't get me wrong I love her dearly and she was a wonderful aunt and friend but knowing her weight was an issue that lead to an early death kills me.
  • Granny panties!!!
  • I will not miss running past mirrors as if they do not exist. Yesterday, I passed by the one in the bathroom (like how can I miss that since it comes between the door and the toilet!) and saw myself.

I stopped, thought wow - I have a really nice waist - and smiled a big, happy smile! I always had a small waist compared to the rest of my body and it was nice to see it back.

Guess that means I can add a couple more nice belts to my wardrobe!
  • I won't miss wearing my yoga pants all of the time (draw string waist). I'm so happy I got rid of all of my fat clothes after losing so much the first time on IP, but of course that left me with nothing to wear. What's more exciting than seeing the scale numbers going down again... it will be getting back into my clothes again.
  • Quote: Always covering up my arms with a cardigan, even in the summer!
    LOVE.THIS. Although I relate to many other posts, this one hits home. I hope I can wear sleeveless shirts and be confident doing it. A friend asked me what my goal weight was the other day and I said "when I can confidently wear a 2 piece." ....because I will not miss 1 pieces!
  • Quote: LOVE.THIS. Although I relate to many other posts, this one hits home. I hope I can wear sleeveless shirts and be confident doing it. A friend asked me what my goal weight was the other day and I said "when I can confidently wear a 2 piece." ....because I will not miss 1 pieces!
    I have done this so many times and I am old enough now that, no matter how much I lose, I will always want to cover up my arm flaps. And I will never wear a two piece again, either, unless it's a long-top tankini.

I can always hope for winning the lottery so I can have arm flap removal surgery.
  • Quote: I have done this so many times and I am old enough now that, no matter how much I lose, I will always want to cover up my arm flaps. And I will never wear a two piece again, either, unless it's a long-top tankini.

I can always hope for winning the lottery so I can have arm flap removal surgery.
    I'm hoping that because i'm young, my skin will bounce back! I have 30 pounds to go and do not have any loose skin yet. I drink close to 120 ounces of water a day, practice yoga 3-5 days a week and eat a couple jellos a week. At the beginning of the year I started incorporating light strength training. I'm doing as much as I can so that I can enjoy the life of a normal 23 year old! I'm tired of standing out in pictures as the big girl... or the one trying to cover up something.