Does everyone experience hair loss on IP?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and on week 4 of IP. My co-workers have been scaring me talking about hair loss on IP.

My question is, does everyone experience hair loss on IP?

Also,
    I would love to see some posts from people who have been on IP start to goal weight that didn't have hair loss because while I am reading aobut hair loss in posts, everyone responding to the thread usually has had hair loss..which makes me feel like it happens to most people. I just would like to get a warm fuzzy that this may not happen to me.
  • I have experienced hair loss, but not that bad. I took biotin right from the beginning, and I think that helped. Even with the hairloss, IP has been totally worth it!! Good luck!!
  • I'm not quite at goal yet, but have not experienced any hair loss at all.

It's not necessarily due to being on IP but a drastic change in eating habits so it couldt very well happen following another "diet."
  • I experienced a lot of hair loss about 2 months in. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it does grow back after a few months of being back on a more normal diet. This is my second time on IP, and my hair loss was not enough to deter me. It wasn't noticeable to anyone but me and my hairdresser. I'm taking Biotin to (hopefully) prevent this, but either way, my success on this diet is worth it. For what it's worth, I heard it only happens to 10% of people on the diet - although I'm not sure how accurate that number is. Sorry I couldn't tell you anything better.
  • Same as IdealProteinNewbie - not at goal yet but having lost half my weight, I have not lost any hair that I noticed, so not everyone suffers from that problem.
  • I'm with IPN & schenectady - hair loss has not been an issue for me.

Then again, I have a lot of hair. I might not notice if I lost some!
  • My coach told me that hair loss could happen but there was a supplement that IP has that you can take if it starts to happen...
  • I was on IP from January 2013 till I hit goal in April 2013 and I didn't have any hair loss.
  • My after photo ...

Just kidding
  • Quote: My after photo ...

Just kidding
    hahahhahha! If I looked that good without hair, I wouldn't complain!
  • good one, Avalon! Lol!!!
  • That actress is from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. And she is actually so beautiful she can pull off bald and make it sexy. It's all about attitude!
  • Quote: That actress is from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. And she is actually so beautiful she can pull off bald and make it sexy. It's all about attitude!
    You are so right Avalon!
  • I'm getting pretty close to goal and no hair loss.
    It seems people either experience it or they don't. There doesn't appear to be anything to help for the folks who have hair loss.
  • Another stunningly beautiful bald woman ...

Not a bad trade really ... some temporary hair loss for a healthy lighter body

Beauty is on the inside really.