Fashion Police

You're on Page 6 of 23
Go to
  • Walmart
    They also do terrible things to their employees, check any serch engine and disgruntled employees have websites dedicated to their plights at Walmart. I thought you know they are big enough people are going to hate them. But I work with a guy who is an ex-Walmart manager, and even though he left on good terms he said they are blood sucking creatins

Love Target for selection only. The things that suck there? Their pharmacy hours, the moronic 12 year olds they hire with no customer service skills, and the fact that so many people shop there they don't need me as a customer. My satisfaction is low priority, and they are arguers I could not believe the customer service counter "girl" arguing with this 60 something lady about a return. WOULD IT KILL TARGET TO GIVE THIS LADY HER $9 dollars back.

Okay I vented. I am done
    Miss Chris
  • o never have had a good PHARMACY experience ever..lol..seems to be always understaffed everywhere!!!
  • The problem with a lot of retail places is that the pay is very poor and the hours are awful so they have a hard time getting good staff that have the necessary social skills and a brain in their head- and the good people that they have are usually not treated well and they move on.

They also save money by hiring a lot of part timers -usually kids-students and they don't care about staff turn-over.

I am speaking from my own experiences (I worked in retail for 10 years) in dealing with several different companies. I did work at one place for several years and had an amazing boss/owner who was really good to the staff and we hardly had any staff turnover.
    I had my bad experiences after I started working at larger retail chains.
  • Right now I am wearing a pair of scruffy black fuzzy slippers, a black bra and a long blue Henley shirt missing buttons. My question is: Should I allow my bra strap to show so people will know I am co-ordinated?
    ROFLOLPIMP!
    Um...are we off topic here?
  • Yeah, we're off topic, but I thought you weren't into "policing".

Speaking of bra straps, I was in a MALL last night with my sister and daughter (don't go to those places much anymore... I felt like an alien), and there was a girl in the store where we were shopping. I have no idea what clothing store it was. Something terribly trendy and young. Anyhow, the girl was largish with a largish chest. Around 20. She was wearing a long-sleeved beige top with one arm completely missing. You know what I mean? Something you'd see on an evening gown. Whatever. It would have been fine, but she was wearing a REGULAR bra underneath it, so the strap TOTALLY showed at front and back. Now I can justify a lot of looks, but that's nuts. Either put on a full shirt or wear a strapless bra. What's the point!?

I'd love to be rich and spend the day going around the city dropping into stores and judging them on their service. A prize would be given to anyone POLITE! Hmmm. I actually wouldn't have to be rich to do that, because I'd probably only have to hand out about two rewards per year.
  • Bra straps at home showing..totally cool....

bra straps in public..a def. fashion dont'

besides ruthxxx..you are a FASHION DO in my book..your doggie too!!!
  • Ellis, she was wearing a halter top with a bra???? Are you kidding. That is beyond tacky.
  • Hey Ellis you could always get a job as a mystery shopper! They actually pay you to go around to stores and shop then write up reports on the service and you only have to do it once or twice a month. I have seen ads in the paper occasionally for this.

Unfortunately having worked in retail in the 80's when you actually got good service I would probably write scathing reviews

I really hate when you are trying to purchase something and the two clerks behind the cash are so busy chatting about their personal lives with each other that you don't even exist - they only time speak to you is when they go to take your cash

Oh, and at the grocery store when the cashier that is "serving" you talks over your head to the cashier at the station behind you ...I really don't need to hear about who is cheating on who with so and so's boyfriend or how drunk they got on the weekend - just bag my groceries already!!!!
  • Oh...I called the manager on a lady at the service desk at our grocery store...
    I went up to the service desk at 9:30 pm to get some stamps, and she had a closed sign in the window...and was in there doign her register. Right beside the service desk was a sign with their hours, saying they were open until 10pm. I asked the lady very nicely-Could I please get some stamps? I know that your sign here says closed, but your hours sign says you are open. She turned rudely and said "Do you want a whole book OR WHAT?"
    That did it for me...I called her manager, told her that when I was in customer service, if you say you are open until 10, then you are open until 10. You close up and do your register, sweep the floor, and whatever AFTER you close-not before so you can run out the door asap...I also told her how rude she was to me...now every time I go to that store she glares at me...
    Aphil
  • Good for you, Aphil! Customer service would be much better if we'd all complain once in a while.
  • I really have a problem with the sweat pants that have words written across the rear end. I can't imagine why anyone would want to put words there. And my DDs hate the T shirts that say stuff like Cute or Spoiled Princess or whatever.

Like Ellis I wear my hair long, my clothes secondhand, and love my backpacks!

In England I noticed lots of women wearing LONG pants and teeny spaghetti strap tops with molto cleavage. Seems kind of contradictory...long jeans even on really HOT days too!

And really high pencil-thin heels seem very weird to me, the very high kind where your foot is slanted forward and all your weight is on your toes. Makes me feel awful just to watch someone else hobbling along in them.

But also: to each her own! And if it works for you, hurrah!

Lidian
  • Ok, so I would be thrown in Fashion Jail for life. I wear whatever I want, that I feel comforatable in.

Love comfy pants, overalls, long tshirts, silly fuzzy socks, Chuck Taylor All Stars (the ONLY type of sneakers I have bought in the last 10 years). Sometimes on my early morning run to the store - I go in my plaid flannel pants and a sweatshirt. I do not always match from head to toe either. My sneakers are red, and I wear them with everything. I just bought a pair of purple hi-tops in NYC. I want a powder blue pair, and a plaid pair.

I used to wear my hair in 2 braids or pigtails all the time.

I almost never wear makeup.

And I wear jeans with tank tops too. I like my top half - just not my bottom half.

But I honestly don't care what most people think. As long as I am happy, it doesn't matter.
  • YAY SQUEAK!!! You have a great attitude!! I love those high tops too, but my feet need more support now.......DS16 has taken over wearing them though!!! I used to fabric paint them, and DH still has a pair i did with a Viking motif!!
  • My husband and my 2 year old son have matching black Chuck Taylor High Tops...in high school I used to have burnt oragne suede ones...they were awesome.
    Aphil
  • Very cool Den! I am sure they look amazing!

Aphil - where did you find them that small? I would love to get my nephew a pair.