Regainers regaining control, and relosing

You're on Page 19 of 31
Go to
  • Lookin2lose: I wanted to tell you that I like the quote in your signature about your body keeping an accurate journal regardless of what you write down. So true! Like it helps to track the wrong amount of calories.

SRT4852: Darn! Sounds like you have a lot to deal with right now. I am sorry you have to go through all of that. It is hard enough to work on losing weight and going to the gym, but then life gets in the way and adds to the burden. Count it as a victory that you made it on Monday. And next week is a new week to meet that goal of going for a full week. Hang in there! We're all here to support you!!

Went to spin class this morning. I should have known we were in for it when the instructor said she wanted to try something different. Oh my. Kicked my butt. I think it was a great workout, but I was not having fun in the middle of it. Sweaty, sweaty, sweaty.
  • My family has had the flu cycling through. I have both kids home and me right now, although my SO is back to work today. Miserable week.
  • Slashnl...I tell myself that daily...and now have been living by it since the first week back on plan is so difficult!

Calluna, hang in there...sick houses are not fun...but it will pass soon! It's hot here in Texas so with the kids outside again we've gotta a little break from cold and flu season...hope it didn't just jinx it!
  • SugarRomeoTango - hang in there...just flipped back to the previous page and saw your rough week! Sleep is just as essential to weightloss as diet and exercise!

Hope the rest of your week gets better and hope your dad starts feeling better too!
  • Calluna: That's where you have been! I missed you! Hope everyone gets over the sickness soon!

Went to Body Pump today. My shoulder is whining now. I am glad they are changing up the routine next week, there is something about this routine that just really bothers my shoulder.

A lady at the gym asked me if I've been losing weight. I told her that I was and she said that she noticed. Love her! Don't know her, but ... love her!!
  • Sounds like several of you have had rough weeks! Keep up your spirits and nourish yourself. Take at least a little time just to yourself, listen to music, browse through your fav lolcats - whatever it takes to refresh yourself even just a little.

lookin2lose, I copied your sig quote into my inspiration journal too! It perfectly says what I repeatedly try to deny! XD

My pledge for this weekend:
    Saturday is a weekly tradition to eat out, and I have been over-splurging. This saturday, I'm subtracting 1 from each item I eat: 1 less slice of pizza, 1 less ball of ice cream. My body doesn't look the other way!
  • Sakurai: Sounds like a good plan, to cut out one item from your splurge list. I am a firm believer in that you can still eat what you want to eat occasionally, but you need to just not overindulge!

I'll be taking some time off next week for my son's HS graduation, so today is a busy day at work. Oh yay.

Have a good weekend!
  • Focusing on being more intuitive along with everything else is working! I turned down a chocolate crepe today, stopped eating when I no longer felt hungry (before full!) and didn't snack at night.
  • Been struggling with complete lack of motivation and regaining for months now. Although other than a few attempts, or intended attempts lol, none of them lasting more than about 1 day, I haven't even tried to be on plan. Gave it up as a lost cause and munched my way through everything nice I could imagine! I'm feeling newly committed at the moment though, and today is day five of my being back on track. So I'm kind of easing back into everything again. Got weighed for the first time in ages and my weight was at 226.5. Could've been worse I guess. Hopefully this time next week I'll see it go down!

It's strange I found it hard to notice the weight coming off, but even just gaining a stone from my lowest weight 7 months ago, I've really felt, and visually noticed it going back on.
  • Weigh-In Day
    Finally made it back! Been sooooooo busy. Not much time to excerise the last few days - and rain and hail kept me inside too. Did some aerobic housecleaning today though. :-)

I joined the May daily weigh-in group - but just weighing weekly to stay accountable and recording exercise daily. I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have realized I lost a pound this week if I hadn't. Better than nothing and way better than gaining. Off track a little because of all the birthdays in my family in the last week and a half.

Stay motivated everyone!

Off to another birthday dinner…...
  • Hi Everyone! Had a good weekend, although it is cold and it's been raining a lot. Getting ready for my son's graduation tomorrow. My parents are coming, so should be a good time. I had a great weigh in today, lost 2.8 pounds, which put me into the 250's!!! Very excited. In a little over 5 pounds, I'll have relost the recent regain. Then, I want to keep moving that number lower.

Terichelle: Join us, keep posting, and we'll try to help keep you motivated and get back to losing!

Sakurai: Good job on saying no!

FabulousFifty: Congrats on losing!! It's hard to stay on track with celebrations going on. I'm going to try to stay reasonably on plan the next few days, but I'm also not going to avoid the celebration!
  • Hey folks. I just want to check in quick to say: I am still here, but I had to take a break from 3FC for a while. I'm still struggling but trying to get myself back on plan. I will try to check in daily again and stick to my plan each day.

<3
  • Carter: Good to see you. I'm sorry you're struggling. I hope it gets better for you soon.

I'm back at work after taking off for graduation. Just trying to get back in control of things!! I didn't stay on plan, but I didn't want to worry about it. I just wanted to celebrate. So, back to it today!
  • Hey guys! So I got one of these and put it on my fridge. It's an accurate replicate of 1 ounce of body fat. It's rubbery and has a magnet.

http://www.enasco.com/product/WA16933HR

It reminds me that this is what I would put on if I overeat by about 220 calories - reminding me not to reach for another snack!
    It also reminds me that I can lose one of these every day if I have a calorie deficit of even just 220 each day. It's inspiring!

I put a tag "220" hanging off of it. I think it helps, especially if I move it around (so I don't get used to seeing it in one spot).

An ounce is 1/16th of a pound; ~3500 calories is a pound of fat tissue. It's not perfectly accurate for everyone's metabolism, but it's close enough - and a great visual representation.
  • Sakura: Good idea. A squishy blob of fat. Good reminder!!

Well, I added 1.4 of those last week. Damn. So, I'm back up to 260. But with my son's graduation and birthday last week, I didn't stay on plan well enough. Oh well, back at it today.