Anyone from the Prevention.com boards over here?

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • I found this board through the Prevention site. Thanks Sunkist!

This has to be one of the nicest message boards I've ever seen. It's got everything.

I like playing with emoticons.

I'll try to reign myself in though.
  • Suzanne...Sunkist posted the link a little while ago. I'm not sure which thread it was on...but I did see it there.

Meg
  • I too followed the link here from a post by Sunkist on the Prevention SBD message board - have lurked for a few days, but decided to plunge in last night; Prevention's msge boards have been down for the last 2 nights - no access at all after around 7PM - frustrating !

This site is easy to navigate, and I love the easy was of replying.
    Have a great day, everyone ! Will be back tonight...
    Sandy/NH
  • I'm doing SBD
    I like the Prevention site, but it's been down at night and I need the support 24/7! I am so happy with SBD! This is day 11 for me. I had only lost 5lbs as of day 7 but I'm a slow loser and just glad to be losing!

I've always like 3FC though. Always kind words and lots of support no matter what diet (if any) you're on!

Hope to get to know you all as well!
    Janie
  • hi iam here..
    i havent been able to get the prevention boards last 2 3 days error or someting... so i started reading these boads i like these peoplr seem very supportive of each other i just registered today how about you?? have you gotten on the prevention boards or is there a all around problem... oh well its nice here!!! i started sbd 9 days ago i like it so well see how it goes okay good luck to you!!! julbee
  • Welcome Piglet and Julbee... look on the list of threads... there's a thread called "Anyone from the Prevention.com boards over here?" LOTS of girls there from Prevention. And join us on the other threads, too!
  • yes I am - and I have been really trying to hang in there - but everyday - the site goes down - it's crazy - i love the people over there though so I have been trying not to give up.

But it's so frustrating especially since the site is so primitive- you can't post pics and have to html code for emoticons - it's a bummer cause the people are neat (especially the June 9 Gang)

But I think from now on I'm going to post over here more
  • Hi everyone! Glad there is a place to go to other than prevention. I'm with you Sunkist, I love the people over there but the board is very primitive. I have been doing SBD for a week and have lost 5 pounds. I am so excited because I had a baby 10 mos ago, and have been working on getting the weight off without much luck. This is very positive for me, and it keeps me on the straight and narrow just to see the weight come off. My scale is my friend right now! Hope everyone is doing well, and Good Luck!
  • Hi PigletsMom
    I have a puppy named nicky - but I call him Pooh Bear cause he's always looking around for food and he happens to L O V E honey!!

Anyway - glad to hear of your weight loss - I lost my 10 pounds that would not go away on SBD and am now at my goal of 125. I lost a couple of more pounds while I was sick this past week.

On Phase II - I have decided to keep low on breads - and add more raw fruits & veggies in. I keep prepared & processed foods to a minimum - I try to eat very simply during the week and then that way if my hubby & I decide to go out to dinner on the weekend - I can feel more relaxed about it.

I will probably end up posting here AND on Prevention cause I can't leave my June 9 Gang behind - but I love this boards format for sure!!! I REALLY love the emoticons!

Good Luck on the Beach
  • Hi Girls
    Wow - I didn't know what a response I would get from posting over here - I hate to cause an insurrection- but I just love the look and feel of this forum so much more thsn the prevention one.

Even that was not enough to make me want to come over here though - until the site started to go down too often and I was travelling and will be again this week - so when I get back into town - i want to check in right away with my group - but can't get on!!! Waaaaaaggghhhhh

But I can't completely leave the prevention boards cause my June 9 Gang is still over there - I just wish they might jump over here - gee am i being disloyal by posting on both forums? I don't think so - I hope not!!

Anyway girls - sounds like we can have some fun over here for sure - so I'll be checking in as regularly as i can!!!
    It's 1:00am California time and I'm getting a bit tired - ha ha Nite Nite
  • I am going to try to combine the two Prevention Threads. Hope that's OK. Perhaps one of you could start a weekly thread or join the rest of the Beach Beauties on the daily.
  • I am from the Prevention forum also . My name is zimaqueen on the prevention forums too. I heard about this site there. So far I like it. People seem much nicer.
  • Hi, I am also from the Prevention forum. Saw your post and wandered over here. This is a very nice place. I love the smilies. Never have been able to add them on.

It's so hard to get on to the other forum and sometimes you need to be around others who are walking the beach. I am on my 10th day. Today is the first day "for real" that I noticed my cravings have diminished. That made me feel very happy. I feel very empowered.

I look forward to sharing with you all.

L.
  • Welcome!
    Lillibelle & Zimaqueen...you came to the right place for support, advice and a few laughs! Check out the daily thread were you can jump right in and get to know everyone!
  • I have spent some time over there this week -- this is my first week. But the boards have been down twice this week! Do you find that they are down a lot over there?