I am confused about the blogs and forums

• I signed up to 3FC because I wanted a space to write about my weight loss and diet journey. However, I am quite confused on where I am supposed to blog about my experiences. I am not computer savy!

If my understanding is correct, the forums are for discussion, and question purposes only. Since the blogs are disabled, then really this website is not a place to track progress. So far not overly impressed with the set up of this website.

If anyone can clear up my confusion, or tell me what I am doing wrong, that would be greatly appreciated!
  • Cute username. Sorry you're not impressed with the setup of this site... Blogs have been disabled due to spammers and they still have yet to fix it. /shrug

No, this forum isn't only for discussion and question threads. You can basically do whatever you want here within reason of course- set up an accountability thread, challenge, chat, etc. anywhere (20 somethings, Weight Loss Support, or whatever category you want) on here.. I've seen a couple of threads on here solely for their own tracking, "blogging", etc with no questions nor discussion. On that same thread, you can also welcome people to chime in or just say you're keeping this thread for tracking purposes, accountability, etc.

HTH!
  • We actually do have a Diet Blog Section. Click on http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/shar...diet-blog-182/
  • Dear sugar is my cocaine,
    This really s a great website so I hope you stick around .

Generally everyone is in the same boat and are want to be helpful'

However, some do not understand and think forum/discussion means only agreeing with them. If you have a different point of view ,they can get nasty and catty. I just try to avoid them as I would off the internet.

Most people here are smart,caring and I have learned alot from them.

Good luck in your journey

Sheridan

You will find support here
  • Ruth are you saying its in general chatter? That seems an illogical place to put people's blogs. When i clicked on your link, that's what it said at the top of the page.

I must confess i also have trouble understanding my way around this place. There's too much going on. Its confusing.
  • Pattience, that is a forum under General Chatter. If you click on "General Chatter", you will see a link under that that says "share your diet blog".
  • The "Share Your Diet Blog" section is just for posting links to your blog that is hosted elsewhere, such as blogger or wordpress.com. It isn't for creating blog posts. You are also welcome to include an external link to your personal diet blog in your forum signature after you have been here 20 days and have made at least 20 forum posts.

Forums and blogs are two completely different animals, and some people prefer blogs while most thrive on the quicker and more interactive style of forums. We'd love it if you decide to stick around and participate in our forum, but we'll understand if you prefer a different type of online environment Good luck!
  • This one of the best website's I have ever been to in terms of community of support, source of information, and discussion about weight loss: achieving it and maintaining it.
  • Annik, no one is disputing that. Its more about the organisation of the forums that's the problem. The organisation is not intuitive. Its a big mishmash. But I guess it just takes time to find ones way about and settle into an area they like.

I would liken it to say a holiday to France. A tourist might do a quick tour to a few of the regional cities, then pick a region and stay there, visiting the villages and farms by car. Meanwhile they never get to know the other regions. They're completely out of the visitors mind.

So i think the multitude of forums dilutes the traffic past any post so that fewer people get to read it and respond since it looks like most people who spend a lot of time here and have the time are not reading every new thread.

But for all that i accept you've been set up for a while and its getting enough traffic to keep the site viable.
  • Well there are thousands of users and hundreds of posts each day, it'd be impossible to read every post. I know it may take a while to navigate but you'll get used to it.
  • I personally think the forum site is very organized. There are 7 main sections: 1) Announcements, 2) Success Stories, 3) Support, 4) Diet Central, 5) Maintainers, 6) Fitness, 7) Food. Each section contains forums and sub-forums that pertain to them. Each forum/sub-forum has threads that relate to those topics. I personally don't want to read every new thread. I want to read the threads that are related to my specific interests. I am on the Slow Carb Diet. I am not interested in reading about Weight Watchers, as wonderful as that program and the people participating in it are. I'm 52 years old. I don't have a desire to keep up with what the 20-Somethings are discussing, as interesting as it may be. But the good part is, if ever I do want to seek out those forums/sub-forums/threads, all I have to do is click on them. I'm not bombarded with posts that are of no particular interest to me. I get to choose where I want to go and what I want to read. And if I really like a thread, I simply subscribe to it, and I can get to it very easily. I have to add that there's not a site out there that is as friendly and encouraging and supportive as this one. And it's free! Spectacular! I love 3FC!
  • Thank you for posting this. I was trying to figure out the same thing, it was very helpful.
  • Quote: I signed up to 3FC because I wanted a space to write about my weight loss and diet journey. However, I am quite confused on where I am supposed to blog about my experiences. I am not computer savy!

If my understanding is correct, the forums are for discussion, and question purposes only. Since the blogs are disabled, then really this website is not a place to track progress. So far not overly impressed with the set up of this website.

If anyone can clear up my confusion, or tell me what I am doing wrong, that would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi, Sugar is my Cocaine. I started a thread here nearly 2 weeks ago where I do exactly what you're saying your main objective is. I jot down my daily food intake, exercise and a bunch of other random stuff. No one seems to mind the placement of the thread (in Weightloss Support) or the fact that I've even started one like this at all. Personally, I find this forum to be a huge help in keeping record of my daily happenings. Just take some time to explore, every forum is going to be different from another. Good luck in finding a spot for your blogging!