Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • Hello everyone...I'm a fan of the forum and a first time poster!! I am taking my thousandth stab at IP...(don't judge me)... My focus sucks but it works wonders for me...I just wish I could stick to it longer so hopefully everyone's support on here will be a help...I use EAS shakes...walden farms products, and maple grove farms of Vermont sugar free pancakes....I don't have many options...probably why I don't stick to this thing past 30lbs....can anyone help me by giving me their typical day of eats? Thx in advance...
  • Quote: Hello everyone...I'm a fan of the forum and a first time poster!! I am taking my thousandth stab at IP...(don't judge me)... My focus sucks but it works wonders for me...I just wish I could stick to it longer so hopefully everyone's support on here will be a help...I use EAS shakes...walden farms products, and maple grove farms of Vermont sugar free pancakes....I don't have many options...probably why I don't stick to this thing past 30lbs....can anyone help me by giving me their typical day of eats? Thx in advance...
    Look at the What are you eating today thread and you will find literally hundreds of daily menues for both IP and alternative products. Using alternatives does not mean you are limited to just a few things.

And right away you can add one whole egg plus three egg whites and you have a whole new breakfast. I add a half cup of my veggies and scramble!
  • Welcome Kris10! No worries, we are not judging you- many of us have been in the same boat! Check out the "What are you eating today, IPEEPS?" thread- I've gotten many wonderful meal ideas from that one!
  • I am running low on my IP supplements. I am doing alternatives now. Could someone please help me as to where I can order alternative supplements and which ones I need to get? Thank you so much!
  • Hi all,

I bought the Proti Diet Chocolate Dream( 110 cal from fat, 10 g protein, 5 net carbs) and Proti Diet Chocolate Wafers (90 cal from fat, 12 g of protein, 7 net carbs) awhile ago because I thought they were unrestricted. I checked them today, and I realize now that they are above the 30% calories from fat. I have a couple of boxs of these, so i need to finish them. What should I do, count them as restricted or not restricted???
  • Quote: Hi all,

I bought the Proti Diet Chocolate Dream( 110 cal from fat, 10 g protein, 5 net carbs) and Proti Diet Chocolate Wafers (90 cal from fat, 12 g of protein, 7 net carbs) awhile ago because I thought they were unrestricted. I checked them today, and I realize now that they are above the 30% calories from fat. I have a couple of boxs of these, so i need to finish them. What should I do, count them as restricted or not restricted???
    I count them as restricted and always have.

The general rule of thumb is under 30% calories from fat but IP's wafers are above that.
  • Quote: I am running low on my IP supplements. I am doing alternatives now. Could someone please help me as to where I can order alternative supplements and which ones I need to get? Thank you so much!
    I just take a Centrum for my multi
    I bought a potassium and a magnesium
    I was already using a higher quality Omega 3 than IP offered so never took that.

I get mine through Vitacost.
  • I love the Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bar... cross between a snickers and pb cup
  • I have a question about the amount of protein that would be considered too much.

Specifically, I've been drinking Pure Protein shakes that have 23 g protein, 120 calories (10 from fat), and 3 net carbs.

Based on the guidelines posted here, I thought they were OK, but the conversation regarding the shake with 30g of protein has me wondering if I'm pushing things.

Any insight?
  • I am cross posting this here and in the Costco thread:

The nice thing about the premier protein and the muscle milk light is that they are ready to drink. Having to measure out half-pour it into a container and then having to save the container to wash and reuse-takes a lot of the convenience of ready to drink out of the equation
    -are there any ready to drink that are similar to ip that don't need to be halved or measured out?????
    I exercise almost every day so having an extra drink daily doesn't bother me
    but if my weight loss slows down-I would like some options.
  • Quote: I am cross posting this here and in the Costco thread:

The nice thing about the premier protein and the muscle milk light is that they are ready to drink. Having to measure out half-pour it into a container and then having to save the container to wash and reuse-takes a lot of the convenience of ready to drink out of the equation
    -are there any ready to drink that are similar to ip that don't need to be halved or measured out?????
    I exercise almost every day so having an extra drink daily doesn't bother me
    but if my weight loss slows down-I would like some options.
    I just ended up having one Premier Protein shake today instead of separating it and having two, plus one restricted. It's a pretty big shake so I wasn't hungry at all, I sipped it all throughout the afternoon. Of course, I had all of the required vegetables as well.

I saw on the Premier Protein website that they have 100-calorie snack shakes, which would be awesome but that's not the format that Costco sells. I know that some Costcos sell EAS shakes, which are good for IP but unfortunately some don't carry them (the ones here in Montreal don't).
  • I'm so excited - I found Quest bars locally for a fairly good price, considering I live in Canada, lol! A local nutrition supplement place carries them and has a special where if you buy one box, you get a second for $10 off. So, I got a box of the Cinnamon Roll ones and a box of the Strawberry Cheesecake ones for around $60 - again, I live in Canada so this is not a bad price, lol!

Guess who's having a cinnamon roll Quest bar for a snack tonight?? I can't believe finding protein bars could make me this happy

Jo
  • Quote: I just take a Centrum for my multi
    I bought a potassium and a magnesium
    I was already using a higher quality Omega 3 than IP offered so never took that.

I get mine through Vitacost.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond, Lisa!
  • Morning all! I am thinking of switching to alternatives and want to make sure my information is correct. It is a bit more detailed than the graphic posted by Lisa above.

Non-restricted:
    80-150 calories
    Less than 30% calories from fat
    Less than 8 net carbs
    15-18 grams of protein

Restricted:
    160-200 calories
    Less than 30% calories from fat
    9-20 net carbs
    12-15 grams of protein

Is this correct? Thanks!
  • I have been googling how much protein is too much and I think most of us would have to have a lot more protein than 3-4 packets plus your 8 ounces of protein. It is something to be aware of especially if you are only drinking 30 gram drinks and no restricted.-One of the articles I looked at was:
    http://www.ehow.com/way_5181196_much...one-take_.html
    Hope this helps.