Mild Monday Beach Chat 1/6

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi,

Popping in to ask a question; is quinoa phase 1 friendly? I just saw this recipe http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.co...with-mint.html and it claimed to be phase 1 friendly.

Thanks in advance

- Sum
  • Hi Ladies:
    Doing more of a Ph 2 to start because the weather prevented us from getting to the store! Hopefully going tonight before the Big Drop!
    Trying to pick out a few easy few ingredient fam friendly meals for the week
    Stay Warm!!
    Kier
  • WOW - school was already cancelled for tomorrow since it will be below 0 most of the day. Oh well! I have a friend lined up to watch the kids.

SInce it was 28 earlier (LOL), I went on a run in spring creek canyon....and it was snowing! Anyway, as I drove up, a bald eagle was quite annoyed that I interrupted his meal of fresh trout. Does it get any better than that?!?!

Sum38 (nice seeing you in here!) - I believe quinoa is off for phase I - it's a grain. A high protein grain, but a grain none-the-less. I'll be interested if anyone else chips in.
  • Sum38, quinoa is a Phase 2 food since it's a grain. Sorry, but it's good that you asked rather than going ahead and eating it. Maybe it's a Phase 1 food on another type of diet?

Tammy, I did hear that some schools are closing where most of the kids walk to school, but none of the districts around me have closed yet. Your run today sounded awesome!
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Day 1 of phase one take 112 went well . I didn't read Cyndi's note about adding veggies to the chili until it was too late but I am going to add some more next time. I'm just watching the football game and listening to our furnace chugging away. I don't think a heat pump is equipped to handle this cold.
    It sounds as if everyone is handling the weather well and that everyone is feeling better!
    Sleep well everyone and I hope tomorrow is a good day.