What Are You Reading Jan 2014?

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Happy New Year everyone! Please share with us what you are reading this month?

I am reading Maximum Self Esteem-The Handbook for Reclaiming Your Sense of Self-Worth

Been dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression lately, so I'm hoping this helps. My doctor gave it to me.
  • You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren. I am hoping it will allow me to find a way to reach my fitness goal of being able to do pullups for the first time ever
  • I'm finishing up Son by Lois Lowry. This is the 4th and final book in her series that started with The Giver almost 20 years ago. Loving it.

Also just began Vol. 1 of The Rising Sun: The Decline and Fall of the Japanese Empire by John Toland. My dad snagged these out of print copies and let me borrow them.
  • I'm reading the Game of Thrones series. I'm on book 2.
  • Currently Reading
    Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Already Read
    Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry
    Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
    Sirensong by Jenna Black
    Infinite by Jodi Meadows
    Asunder by Jodi Meadows
    Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
    Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
    Pawn by Aimee Carter
  • Wait... The Giver is a series? How did I never know that?!?! That used to be one of my favorite books.

I recently finished re-reading The Shining and I am about to start Doctor Sleep
  • ... Oh, just looked it up, I didn't know because I was already in high school when the second one came out so it was off my radar already. Will have to go back and read the series
  • Quote: Wait... The Giver is a series? How did I never know that?!?! That used to be one of my favorite books.[/B]
    Yes! I happened upon the other books a few years ago and was thrilled that Lowry decided to continue the story. The second book, Gathering Blue, isn't a sequel; it's a story that stands on its own about a different community and protagonist. The third book, Messenger, ties some of the threads between The Giver and Gathering Blue together. And the fourth, Son, sort of brings everything full circle.

I'd recommend the series to anyone who read The Giver and wondered what became of Jonas and Gabriel.
  • I just finished Fish by TJ Parsell. It's a memoir about his time in an adult prison when he was in has late teens. I could not put it down and was sad to finish it.
  • Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  • The original Bram Stokers, "Dracula"!
  • Game of Thrones (the first book), I'm enjoying it, but I'm slow at reading lately.
  • The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
  • lemc-

The Fault In Our Stars looks really good, I was thinking of reading it.

I just finished a great book called Every Patients Tells A Story (or the title was very similar), I loved it and I am thinking of reading more medical stuff.

I also had started Killing Jesus, I hope to get back to that.

Take care

Amy
  • Quote: lemc-

The Fault In Our Stars looks really good, I was thinking of reading it.

I just finished a great book called Every Patients Tells A Story (or the title was very similar), I loved it and I am thinking of reading more medical stuff.

I also had started Killing Jesus, I hope to get back to that.

Take care

Amy
    I've heard good things as well! I'm half way through the book and I started reading it yesterday, so that's usually a good sign I really enjoy the book. It's not your typical illness/cancer book -- it's more of a love story (so far).