Happy New Year January 2014 Daily Check-in & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • akelly Congratulations on the pound Diana is a wonderful person … we still PM and I check in sometimes with her but her thread (following) is huge and I don't have time to stay on the computer like I use to so personals on that thread would be out and I feel bad when I'm ignored so I don't want to ignore anyone else Yeah I miss those days. I still talk to some of the old crew on FB we have a private group so the world can't see what we're talking about I hope

I was down to 169.8 this morning but don't expect it to stick. Took some stuff for my stomach and didn't eat dinner last night
  • Well not as bad as it could be. I'm up .6 to 170.4

Have a great day Everyone … Keep smiling
  • Hey you saw 169, that's great!! Even if it bounced back up you are still in reach! I know what you mean about not being able to keep up with personals! I love your thread because its reasonable and easier to keep up

Had a whoosh the last 2 days so I'm at 235.6. I am going to dinner tonight with the bf at one of our favorite places so I'm expecting a bounce but nothing huge. Will be back on the treadmill tomorrow! Also, 3 pounds in 4 days, I'll take it!
  • Thanks akelly, and 3lbs in 4 days … YOU GO Enjoy your dinner Oh and that's why I like this thread also.
  • Thanks I ate a pork chop and veggies, but had 2 rolls, and then around midnight I was craving cereal so had a bowl... was very afraid to get on the scale this morning, LOL. Lost .6!!! Crazy but so thankful!!! Happy Friday!
  • akelly, good job on the .6 LOL, sometimes I think we should do what we want because it usually does show that we got scared/nervous for nothing but then the scale would make us angry after making us smile so we can't win sometimes

I want something to eat but don't know what and don't want to eat the wrong thing. We are getting down to the knitty gritty here with food so next week may be a struggle. I was wanting to start 30DS but I'm not sure how to track the burn on MFP and I really would like to know what the burn is for it.
  • Happy Saturday

I did a total of 23 jumping jacks and the warm up exercises with Jillian then I was done. I remembered why I never committed to doing 30DS because I can't do jumping jacks and push ups back to back with those squats and weights my knees hurt. I do however want to get in the habit of doing jumping jacks for some reason. My daughter and I did Just Dance 2 and I entered it into MFP as 30 minutes of dancing and earned 173 calories so I'll take it. I broke a sweat for sure and the heart rate was up since I am definitely not a dancer

This mornings weigh in 169.6 down .4. I'm feeling good about my mini workout last night, and I had fun. When I'd get winded my daughter would say, Don't stop, keep going! She's so cute

Have a great day Everyone
  • Can you change weight in my posts, I weigh174 pds
  • Hi Sasyblond you just go back to your post and at the bottom of it will be a box on the right that says [edit] click that box and it will pull up what you typed and you can correct/edit it
  • Hi, down another 2lbs. Good steady losing. Am however on TOM and aching from so my exercise, so I expect number to be lower next week. Still feeling stressed, but am learning taking a step back helps. I try so hard to be the perfect daughter, and have failed miserably, so might as well just be me!
    Rennie- awesome job on getting into the 160's WTG !!!
    Akelly-Weirdly sometimes when we eat a little more than our body is used to it gives our metabolism a boost, and we are rewarded with a bigger loss than expected. Yay for the whooshes!
    Well am back in the 170's am at 178 watch out Rennie am rechasing the 160's LOL !
  • Happy Sunday

Sam on the 2lbs gone good to see you keep your head up Lady This is me in a nutshell ---> I try so hard to be the perfect daughter, and have failed miserably (not to me but my Mother has never seen any good in me), so might as well just be me! I gave up a few years ago when I read a note to my husband from my Mother that said she had no faith in me nor him. He had privately asked her for a loan after he lost his job to help pay the rent and she gave him the loan with the note attached. … ok this isn'tit's about you and your victories Huh, I'm sure I'll be running behind you like last time trying to catch up. Your workouts are amazing, I couldn't touch them with a ten foot pole

Well did Just Dance 2 again with my daughter, even tried two new songs that did a lot more moving than I could do. So I'll have to keep trying. I had more x's then ok's or good's and no perfect's … LOL. It's fun and some of those moves make you feel like your heart is gonna jump out of your chest. Weigh in this morning down .4 to 169.2 … happy
  • Rennie - your Mum sounds like mine. She only appreciated me AFTER I lost weight. To her I was a failure, despite evidence to the contrary, at 300lbs. Wow- complex !! I feel very sad for her that her whole life has been based on what people, including her own daughter, look like. She is now jealous, because I'm smaller than her !*&^%$£$!! Really??
    She rang today to tell me how miserable my father is after his last chemo !! Arghhh
    One foot in front of the other x
  • Sam don't let her bother you You look great, you are healthier and you'll be a better person for everyone. We have to just stay positive
  • Down .2 to 169 even. I saw 168.8 when I first stepped on the scale but me and my OCD kept stepping on and 169 showed up 3 times so it won

Have a great day Everyone
  • So proud of you both Rennie and Sam!!! Amazing work - especially through some tough weeks!! My mom hasn't been as bad as you guys have mentioned, but some aunts and uncles have been very critical all of my life. I have always been overweight so I've never been fully appreciated or recognized for my work/school achievements. Oh well...I'm pleasing myself and my bf and that's what matters to me now You guys rock and have such awesome outlooks on life! Keep rockin!

One day I will catch up to you guys...for now I'm re-battling the 200's LOL. I shall defeat it AGAIN.

I lost 5 pounds this past week...very pleased! Looking forward to seeing the next decade of 220's. Challenge accepted.

Happy Monday!