Time for a change

• Hello everybody!

I have been a member of this site since 2005, but I've never really gotten involved. Instead I have been somewhat of a lurker. That's got to stop. I feel like I've hit a point of no return, like I'm about to cross a line into a space where this extra weight will kill me. That's not...good. So I'm going to make some changes and start treating myself the way I deserve to be treated. Self-care is important, I've come to realize.

Anyway, I'm 26, a college student, and will be doing the HMR at home program for two months and see where that gets me. My friend lost almost 200lbs in two years so I'm hoping I have similar results.

I'm trying not to measure goals in weight, but in clothing and inches. I'm currently a size 32/34 and my first goal is to be a size 26. My ultimate goal is to be a size 16. Once I get there, I'll see how I feel. I have never been smaller than a 16. I've been obese since I was five, morbidly obese since I was ten. This is going to be different. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to participating.
  • Welcome Mipsie!
    I also decided to lose for my health. I started out at a size 32 and am now in a womens 20 or 22.
    For me posting and being accountable is huge, especially when I am not losing it keeps me from gaining.
    Good luck!
  • Mipsie
    Welcome my lovely.
    Do you mind telling me what HMR is?
    Good luck...and Happy New Year.
  • Hi Mipsie! Welcome! I totally know how you feel and have found this forum to be a great place of support. We've all been there and know how hard it is to take that first step. Once you do you won't regret it though! Feel free to private message me if you need someone to talk to!
  • Hi Mipse! I hope you keep on posting in the 300+ Chat thread. I've only been there a few months, and it's made a big difference in how commited I am to this project. There are some wonderfully supportive women there, and I think you will find it a friendly place. Happy New Year!!!
  • Quote: Mipsie
    Welcome my lovely.
    Do you mind telling me what HMR is?
    Good luck...and Happy New Year.
    Hi there.

HMR is a program where you eat their food. It's like nutrisystem or Jenny Craig, but done under medical supervision and seems to be aimed at the morbidly obese. I'm trying it because not having to decide what to eat or count calories appeals to me.
  • Thank you so much for the warm welcome, everyone. You're all wonderful. And yes, I am hoping that posting here frequently makes me hold myself accountable. I am inspired by the results I see here!